Windows 10: Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance?

Discus and support Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Win 10 x64 Pro, clean installation. 1. Recent folders in explorer jump list are not updating. [img] They seem to be random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mcnippy, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Mcnippy Win User

Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance?

Hi, I am using Win 10 x64 Pro, clean installation.

1. Recent folders in explorer jump list are not updating.

Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance? [​IMG]

They seem to be random folders from my second HDD and clicking on them says the folder has been moved (which is not true) and it offers to delete the shortcut. Deleting also does nothing, item still remains. Disabling recent folder in settings > personalization > start also has no effect *Shock

2. If I tick 'show recently used files in quick access' in folder options it also has no effect. When I open folder options after this it is unticked again.

3. I can't pin anything to quick access, I get 'parameter is incorrect' error.

Any help would be appreciated. Or at least someone telling me I am not alone so I can hope for MS to fix these issues.

:)

Mcnippy, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Mcnippy Win User

Thanks for your reply Basith M.

1. Works fine on a guest account and my laptop too.

2. No.

3. Yes, I upgraded 8.1 to 10 without errors and then did a clean installation.

4. Well, I installed programs I used in 8.1 and set up the OS.

System File Checker only found a couple of corrupted .PNG files like MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png otherwise nothing.

Mcnippy, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Basith M Win User

Hi,

This might have caused due to any user profile or System File related issues. I would like to know some information about this issue so that we could assist you further.

1. Do you face the same issue on a different user account as well?

2. Do you get any error code or error message while startup?

3. Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully on your computer?

4. Have you made any changes to the computer after installing Windows 10?

As a first step, I suggest you to check if the issue occurs on a different user account on your computer. This is to check if this is caused due to any user profile specific issues.

If still the issue persists, then I suggest you to run System File Checker scan and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any missing or corrupted System Files.

Refer to the following Microsoft Community Wiki article to run the System File Checker scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Basith M, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Mcnippy Win User

All three problems were solved by deleting %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\ in case anyone's wondering!

Mcnippy, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Made an account just to thank you for supplying the solution when you found it. Had the same problem and was having a hard time googling.

You the man!

Throwawayaccnt, Sep 27, 2015
  6. JCastle22 Win User
    Thank you! After deleting all the files, my customer was able to use quick access again.

JCastle22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Several annoying issues with Explorer, can someone provide assistance? - Similar Threads - Several annoying issues

2. Could someone provide assistance with the installation of Windows Defender/Windows Security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could someone provide assistance with the installation of Windows Defender/Windows Security...: Hello Community,I have recently been dealing with a malware issue and am cautious about connecting to the Internet. Since my Windows security is been removed, I am looking for a way to reinstall Windows Defender offline.I have tried downloading and installing using "mpam-fe"...
  3. Could someone provide assistance with the installation of Windows Defender/Windows Security...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could someone provide assistance with the installation of Windows Defender/Windows Security...: Hello Community,I have recently been dealing with a malware issue and am cautious about connecting to the Internet. Since my Windows security is been removed, I am looking for a way to reinstall Windows Defender offline.I have tried downloading and installing using "mpam-fe"...
  4. Could someone provide assistance with the installation of Windows Defender/Windows Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?: I keep going around in circles trying to access my account. "Authenticator isn't working and "reset Password isn't working How can I speak to someone to resolve this issue?...
  6. Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?

Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?: I keep going around in circles trying to access my account. "Authenticator isn't working and "reset Password isn't working How can I speak to someone to resolve this issue?...
  7. Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...: XMP is off because it always crashes my computer when I turn it on. I believe this had to do with system memory. If I am wrong sorry and please correct me or tell me how to fix it.I went through a crash a couple of weeks back due to my video card 6600xt drivers malfunctioning...
  8. Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...

Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...: XMP is off because it always crashes my computer when I turn it on. I believe this had to do with system memory. If I am wrong sorry and please correct me or tell me how to fix it.I went through a crash a couple of weeks back due to my video card 6600xt drivers malfunctioning...
  9. Several issues with explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several issues with explorer: Hi, My explorer has suddenly started acting strange. It started today when i booted up my PC after it running out of power the day before. Now, whenever i attempt to open the file explorer from the taskbar, it will take several minutes. If i open a folder through the search...
  10. Several issues with explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several issues with explorer: Hi, My explorer has suddenly started acting strange. It started today when i booted up my PC after it running out of power the day before. Now, whenever i attempt to open the file explorer from the taskbar, it will take several minutes. If i open a folder through the search...