Windows 10: Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Discus and support Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M Emaus, Aug 19, 2019.

1. M Emaus Win User

Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Hi,

I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the night on 14 August 2019. I have tried quite a few suggestions and recommendations but nothing has made a difference so far.

Applications not working include:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013: All apps Word, Power Point, Excel will not start. I get Rex X with no dialogue for Excel. I get a "Sorry, something went wrong and Word was unable to start (24) for Word.

The Calculator app does not open (no message)

Settings will not open (no message) but I can open Control Panel.

When I try to run services.msc it opens but stops responding before it displays anything.

:)

M Emaus, Aug 19, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 19, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Aug 19, 2019
  4. X800 Win User

Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Windows 10 update doesn't work

I have tried to find on google an answer to this error (0x80070006) on windows update. But nothing is working for me *Frown Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) :( .
    I have tried following
    Windows 10 update troubleshooter all ok.
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits

Then I deleted the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits

I have scanned integrity of the operating system and no faults found.
    Help.....

Thema:

1. Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Several Applications stopped

2. Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - This application has stopped working: Hi! I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 and for some reason NOTHING works. I can log into the desktop ok, but then no icons do anything. I cant open task manager nothing. Its just unrepsonsive. Then after a while a message appears with 'Windows' in the top saying...
  3. Windows Calculator stopped working after application update through Windows Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Calculator stopped working after application update through Windows Store: I've had issues with a computer where Calculator crashes as soon as it opens. I've had this issue with one computer where I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling all the Windows 10 default apps using powershell. This computer was not corrected using the same method....
  4. after several updates to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after several updates to windows 10: Since doing several updates to windows 10, I have lost my photos, documents and app icons. My touch screen doesn't do anything when I touch the screen to move it. and then the background screen does not change anymore....
  5. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my...
  6. several icons stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    several icons stopped working: I bought my PC some months ago, it is new, and everything was OK but now I have an issue with Windows 10 installed on my PC: several icons don’t work, specifically, a start button, search and taskbar icon, the same trouble with Microsoft edge. Report from Reliability Monitor...
  7. Applications stop working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications stop working after Windows 10 update: Why does Preton InkSaver stop working sometimes after a Windows 10 update? This is such a useful application and I have to go through the performance of releasing my code, deleting the application and then reloading it and reapplying my code as this is an application I have...
  8. Several apps doesnt work after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several apps doesnt work after update: Hello mates its my first time i post here before 1 hour i updated to the last build but some problems appeared. I cant open Market when i click it shows the logo and then it close also when i try to play an mp3 it pops an error box saying "the remote procedure call failed" i...
  9. USB mice stop working after several sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mice stop working after several sleeps: I usually put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down. After a couple of days my mouse will stop working. I tried other mice with cable and wireless, but none works. I have to restart to fix it. In DeviceMonitoringStudio I can see the USB mice connected and sending...
  10. Sound stopped working after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stopped working after updating to windows 10: Problem: 1) Since updating to windows 10, Laptop completely incapable of making any sound out of the speakers. 2) Headphones plugged into jack produces no volume out of earbuds 3) The Color of the volume slider when F9 or F10 is pressed is a light yellowish orange. Not...