Windows 10: Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Discus and support Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M Emaus, Aug 19, 2019.

1. M Emaus Win User

Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Hi,

I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the night on 14 August 2019. I have tried quite a few suggestions and recommendations but nothing has made a difference so far.

Applications not working include:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013: All apps Word, Power Point, Excel will not start. I get Rex X with no dialogue for Excel. I get a "Sorry, something went wrong and Word was unable to start (24) for Word.

The Calculator app does not open (no message)

Settings will not open (no message) but I can open Control Panel.

When I try to run services.msc it opens but stops responding before it displays anything.

:)

M Emaus, Aug 19, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 19, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Aug 19, 2019
  4. X800 Win User

Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

Windows 10 update doesn't work

I have tried to find on google an answer to this error (0x80070006) on windows update. But nothing is working for me *Frown Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) :( .
    I have tried following
    Windows 10 update troubleshooter all ok.
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits

Then I deleted the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits

I have scanned integrity of the operating system and no faults found.
    Help.....

Thema:

1. Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Several Applications stopped

2. Several windows applications not working.

in Cortana
    Several windows applications not working.: I've had this problem for about a day and a half now, and it happened out of nowhere: 1: The start key and start button don't do anything 2: I can't search anything with cortana 3: Anything I try to use to open settings does nothing 4: Most windows related programs and...
  3. Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.: When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error; magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server When I try to do the solution I found on your community boards, I get the same error for clicking on Device driver etc. I can not longer manage my own computer...
  4. All Office applications have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Office applications have stopped working: Good afternoon, Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kelsi\Desktop\NP_Euskadiko Orkestra martxan.docx'. Make sure you typed the...
  5. How can I stop several instances of several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop several instances of several applications: Hi I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome, RuntimeBroker.exe has 10 instances and others. 1 Are all these necessary at the same time 2 how do I stop them Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation stopped after several years: Hello, I have an Inspiron 5437 bought 2014 with preloaded Windows 8.1. Worked fine. In 2015 or 16 it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. All OK except webcam stopped working. Never mind. Last week I started the laptop after a gap of 6 months and windows activation...
  7. Several features stopped working after BSOD

Several features stopped working after BSOD: I'm on a G551JW running Windows 10 I have been at this for two days now, here's what happened, what I found and what I've tried I had just updated Photoshop and Illustrater when my computer bluescreened. Once it booted back up noticing later that this now takes longer...
  8. after several updates to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after several updates to windows 10: Since doing several updates to windows 10, I have lost my photos, documents and app icons. My touch screen doesn't do anything when I touch the screen to move it. and then the background screen does not change anymore....
  9. several icons stopped working

several icons stopped working: I bought my PC some months ago, it is new, and everything was OK but now I have an issue with Windows 10 installed on my PC: several icons don’t work, specifically, a start button, search and taskbar icon, the same trouble with Microsoft edge. Report from Reliability Monitor...
  10. Applications stop working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications stop working after Windows 10 update: Why does Preton InkSaver stop working sometimes after a Windows 10 update? This is such a useful application and I have to go through the performance of releasing my code, deleting the application and then reloading it and reapplying my code as this is an application I have...