Windows 10: Several apps aren't launching after my windows license allegedly expired

Discus and support Several apps aren't launching after my windows license allegedly expired in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So about 3 days ago I got a pop up saying that my windows license is going to expire despite the fact that when I go to this PC's properties it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by inusterix, Aug 6, 2020.

1. inusterix Win User

Several apps aren't launching after my windows license allegedly expired

So about 3 days ago I got a pop up saying that my windows license is going to expire despite the fact that when I go to this PC's properties it says it's activated and since then apps such as snip and sketch, photo viewer and paint 3d are refusing to launch. For example when I try to open a png file it would start loading the image but then crash almost immediately. Snip and sketch and paint 3d would also crash. I attempted to reinstall the apps but it would just say 'Acquiring license' and then 'error'. I managed to find older versions of the apps on my laptop and set them as defaults but I still want to know what's happening because it never happened before and apparently this isn't a normal thing that happens when your license is about to expire.

For more information; my windows is activated using my organization's activation service and my device is up to date last checked yesterday at 23:34

:)

inusterix, Aug 6, 2020
  2. gohanman Win User

Windows Photos App won't open; says trial license is expired

The Windows Photos app suddenly refuses to open.

It first says "There's a problem with Photos. Contact your System Administrator about repairing or reinstalling it".

After clicking OK the next error dialog says "This app failed to launch because its trial license expired".

How do I fix this? If I go to Settings => Apps & Features the "Uninstall" button is disabled. It seems to be a core component of Windows that cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled. There is no repair option listed.

The
    app store listing
    does not list anything about a paid version or trial version which leads me to believe some Windows built-in licensing mechanism just screwed up and there isn't actual a trial license that expired.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

gohanman, Aug 6, 2020
  3. ,,Your Windows license will expire soon''

Whenever I open my PC, after 15-20 seconds I see on my screen this message: ,,Your Windows license will expire soon''. How can I solve it? I searched it on Internet, but I couldn't solve it. Please help me. Give me clear steps that I have to follow.

Moved From:

DemianMihai12, Aug 6, 2020
  4. DARKO21 Win User

Windows license will expire soon

Hi all

I have recently factory restored my hp envy windows 10. Now i have this message "WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON". Im not sure if this is important but i have sent in my hp envy for warranty repairs on the hard disk drive. I bought my hp with windows 10 home edition, but when I sent it in for repairs it came back with windows 10 pro. Any suggestions

DARKO21, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Several apps aren't launching after my windows license allegedly expired - Similar Threads - Several apps aren't

2. Windows license will expire!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows license will expire!: Hi!I bought my computer 6 months ago, it is a used computer. I am frequently confronted with the message Your Windows license will expire soon. I don't know the windows product key; how can I fix it? please help me. I use my laptop for school studies, please help me as soon...
  3. Games aren't launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games aren't launching: I got a game called WorldBox off of Humble Bundle. I know it's a legit game because it has an enormous community. It would launch. I've installed and reinstalled the game around 10 times now. I've excluded it on my antivirus software McAfee, I've run as administrator, I've...
  4. Windows license expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license expiring: I have been experiencing problems with my laptop though it has a genuine windows pro installed. After updates it says that my Windows license is expiring. Can someone help me please. I tried to check whether there was any issue with my software. This screenshot I took is...
  5. Window's License is expiring

Window's License is expiring: I received a notification on my PC that my window's license will expire soon and I need to activate. On my Activation status it is written that Window's is activated using your organization's service. There is no troubleshoot option there as well. This PC was priory used by...
  6. expiring windows license

expiring windows license: I had to reformate my computer , now my computing is telling windows lisence will expire. what can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expiring-windows-license/c6315554-a728-45d2-9b7b-83afb95690e5
  7. Windows License Will Expire

Windows License Will Expire: Hi, I keep on getting messages regarding the fact that my license will expire soon. However, when I check the activation page, it does not appear that my license is expiring. I am updated to the most current version of Windows 10 as well. Below is a screen grab of my...
  8. Windows license expiration

Windows license expiration: I have a laptop that has ben running Window10 Pro for the last 10 months, and I'm now constantly getting a pop up telling me that my Windows license is about to expire, and that I need to activate Windows in my settings. When I bring up my settings window, it says that my...
  9. Windows license expire

Windows license expire: I get an error message saying my license will expire soon. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-expire/0b3a7d81-ef8f-4963-a9ec-c0bd7de99078"
  10. Windows license expiration

Windows license expiration: I bought a used HP laptop while in China. It says canada model: RTL8723BE1t1R, and a bunch of other things listed on the underside, so I assumed it's legit. It had windows 7, or 8 but was the chinese version. He changed it and installed the english version of Windows 10....