Windows 10: Several apps closes spontaneously

Discus and support Several apps closes spontaneously in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have several apps, such as Oracle VirtualBox, Cypress PSoC Creator that often dies at start-up. They vanish from the screen without any notice or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hannah hannah1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Several apps closes spontaneously

I have several apps, such as Oracle VirtualBox, Cypress PSoC Creator that often dies at start-up. They vanish from the screen without any notice or error codes

:)

Hannah hannah1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Enzdude Win User

Programs Spontaneously Closing

Hi.

So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried
    booting into Safe Mode to stop it. May someone inform me why this is happening? Thanks.

Enzdude, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Several apps closes spontaneously

Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Several apps closes spontaneously

1. Several apps closes spontaneously - Similar Threads - Several apps closes

2. Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps. Why?: Hello:I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit using MS Edge Chromium as my preferred browser. Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps: for example, the Facebook, Twitter or Google mail login says, "I am logging in with a new device. " I am then forced to...
  3. Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps. Why?: Hello:I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit using MS Edge Chromium as my preferred browser. Upon Edge close I am forced to authenticate several apps: for example, the Facebook, Twitter or Google mail login says, "I am logging in with a new device. " I am then forced to...
  4. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  5. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  6. Apps spontaneously close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps spontaneously close: What causes an app to spontaneously close - how do I make adjustments so that my apps won't close without the close command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-spontaneously-close/882b3a22-9578-453e-85f8-97e4e63f6755
  7. "Settings" window keeps spontaneously closing. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Settings" window keeps spontaneously closing. Help!: Short version: I have a Win10 tablet. Whenever I try to open the "Settings" window, it spontaneously closes a second later. More detail: I purchased a Windows 10 tablet two years ago that has always worked just fine. Recently from my primary account, I created a "Visitors"...
  8. Microsoft Edge closes spontaneously, unprompted.

Microsoft Edge closes spontaneously, unprompted.: ALWAYS when I need it to remain functional - as in: losing unsaved work every time it happens. Before you start suggesting fixes that are fun to try the first time but become tedious and annoying after the umpteenth failure, here is what I've tried so far: EVERYTHING in...
  9. Programs Spontaneously Closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Spontaneously Closing: Hi. So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried booting into...
  10. Spontaneous Freezing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spontaneous Freezing?: Hi! I have recently upgraded my HP Laptop (of around 4 years old) to Windows 10 from 7. I have had very little to no problems while using it regularly and normally. However, as of today my laptop proceeds to freeze out of nowhere which lasts from a few seconds to a few...