Windows 10: several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

Discus and support several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HP app, disney plus and even the microsoft app store have all vanished and even more bizarre is none of these apps can be reinstalled without an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wesleyjosephs, Dec 8, 2022.

1. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

HP app, disney plus and even the microsoft app store have all vanished and even more bizarre is none of these apps can be reinstalled without an error occuring. even tried installing back the microsoft app through terminal. error! also cant access notifications in the taskbar nor can i search. neither operation resond to my mouse but other icons on the taskbar do. this only occured yesterday. can anyone help?

:)

wesleyjosephs, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Apps getting reinstalled automatically after uninstalling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after uninstalling few applications, they get installed again. However, we will need the following information from you:

• Are you able to uninstall the applications successfully?
    • Does this issue occur only with these particular applications?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Ideally, if you uninstall an application, it wouldn’t install again without users permission. It could be that the apps are showing as recommended applications. However, once you uninstall the applications, you can go ahead and check the installed
    apps on the computer and see if the applications show up in installed apps. Follow the steps to check the same:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and check if the applications are installed.

You may also, refer the steps mentioned below to avoid installation of apps:

1. Press Windwos key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Start on the left pane and toggle the switch for
      Show suggestions occasionally in Start to turn it off.
    4. Now, open Microsoft Store.
    5. Click on Ellipsis (…) and click on
      Settings.
    6. Toggle the switch for Update apps automatically to turn it off.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2022
  3. No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 8, 2022
  4. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

1. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues. - Similar Threads - several apps uninstalled

2. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.: HP app, disney plus and even the microsoft app store have all vanished and even more bizarre is none of these apps can be reinstalled without an error occuring. even tried installing back the microsoft app through terminal. error! also cant access notifications in the taskbar...
  3. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  5. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Microsoft apps uninstalled automatically!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft apps uninstalled automatically!: Hello! This is an unprecedented & totally unexpected problem I'm facing with Microsoft Office 365. Previously, I encountered Application Error while trying to open MS Word so I ran Online Repair over it. It had been running for over 4 hours & the process wasn't over, but my...
  7. The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically

The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically: the apps are getting uninstalled automatically. I noticed this when I was about to install java. I opened my folder where i keep my apps and saw that there was no other program file. and slowly my other apps started uninstalling themselves. Please help me...
  8. Issues With Manually Uninstalling Apps

Issues With Manually Uninstalling Apps: Hello, I am trying to update Windows to Windows 10 Version 1909, but two apps are stopping me, Mcaffee endpoint security and endpoint security threat prevention. I downloaded the uninstaller off costumer support and manually uninstalled them, but I still can not download....
  9. Several issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several issues: First issue: I have a Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RCA flash drive, I have been trying to flash it so I can sell it. However it doesn't show up for me to do that. it does show up in device manager. I'm not very computer savvy. Also it was set up to boot from USB. Second...
  10. Issue with several apps not loading or updating

Issue with several apps not loading or updating: Hi Hope this is right place for this issue. Since upgrading to 16241 the following has happened: [img] Have tried all the troubleshooting and fixes I can find. ie; reset apps, reset store etc to no avail. These apps will not open and when they come up in store to...