Windows 10: Several BSOD issues, help please?

Discus and support Several BSOD issues, help please? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Newbie here and confused like crazy. I am typing this from a friend's laptop as mine has suddenly experienced the Windows 10 BSOD and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wtfhappened, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Several BSOD issues, help please?

Hello. Newbie here and confused like crazy. I am typing this from a friend's laptop as mine has suddenly experienced the Windows 10 BSOD and I cannot do anything with it. *Sad

Laptop computer : Dell Inspiron 1545
    Operating System: Windows 10 (just recently upgraded to 10 after being bugged by MS for a week and a half after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Laptop ran super with a new SDD Kingston 120gb hard drive installed about 3 years ago. Ran Vista the entire time up until a few months ago when I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. Again, all ran flawlessly. Upgraded from 7 to 10 about a week and a half ago (if that) and today while attempting to log off the laptop, my cursor froze along with the rest of the screen on my desktop.

Had to press the power button to get the computer to shut off as it was frozen solid. When I powered back up, BSOD was present with the message "Your PC ran into a problem, we will restart it for you". It did not restart it though. That message just stayed there and I hit the 'enter' button finally and got it to another page. Tried rebooting multiple times with no luck getting back to Windows. I tried reinstalling and fixing it from the Windows 7 Ultimate Disk and nothing. About 15 minutes into trying to figure this out, it would not even get to the BSOD and would just get to the black screen and state no drive present.

Kept getting the message of no hard drive present until I stuck the Windows 7 install disk back in the dvd drive and now I can get back to the BSOD. Have tried all their prepare suggestions that come with the BSOD, and again, nothing. It just tells me when I try to reinstall Windows 7 to " RESET THIS PC: The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." Now I have attempted to find out how to do this on Google and I am having no luck at all.

If I remove the Windows 7 disk from the dvd drive, I don't get the BSOD, but get told I have no hard drive. If I keep the disc in the drive, I can reach all the options on the BSOD, but cannot go any further due to the locked hard drive. So I am having no luck at all and am hoping someone can help me get thru this situation as all my photos and files are on the drive and I would like to be able to back up everything (should have done this in the past!!) and then move forward by replacing the SSD drive with a new one and going back to Windows 7 Ultimate and never touching 10 again.

All help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:)

wtfhappened, Jul 19, 2016

2. BSOD several times a day. Need help.

When you're done with the blue screen troubleshooter, your next step is to have a clean boot. Your computer usually requires your operating system to be restored to a basic state by performing this. You can visit this link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for instructions.

After you successfully rebooted your computer, we recommend that you run the built-in utility called
    System File Checker tool. It helps the computer to detect, perform scanning, repairing, and restoring of missing or corrupted files of a computer. You can visit this link:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files
    to know how to run this tool.

Get back to us if there are any findings after the scan.

Johann Eva, Jul 19, 2016
  3. zoro06 Win User
    Nokia 5800 Help Required with Several issues....Several

OTA = over the air (( by pressing *#0000# and check for updates ))

NSU = Nokia Software Updater (( by using pc and cable and internet ))

soft reset = *#7370# ... it will solve the problem of home screen and call recording

backup ? is an option in Nokia PC Suite to save your important data like contacts, messages, calendar, gallery and notes ... (( don't choose the option " files from phone gallery" and choose all the rest ))

got it , bro ?

zoro06, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Several BSOD issues, help please?

1st, does the drive (SSD) show up in BIOS Setup?

Ztruker, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

Several BSOD issues, help please?

1. Several BSOD issues, help please? - Similar Threads - Several BSOD issues

2. BSOD issue recurring please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue recurring please help!: Hi,Getting frequent and random BSOD in windows 11 home version 22H2 with the following specs and dump from BlueScreenView, please help! How do i find out which driver is causing the issue without trial and error? Surely there is a way???Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  3. BSOD issue recurring please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issue recurring please help!: Hi,Getting frequent and random BSOD in windows 11 home version 22H2 with the following specs and dump from BlueScreenView, please help! How do i find out which driver is causing the issue without trial and error? Surely there is a way???Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  4. BSOD issue Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue Please help: I have been running into an issue lately and cannot figure out the root cause. I have been getting a stop error BSOD with this message: Page fault in none paged area, and when I check the event viewer I see this error. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  5. BSOD issue Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue Please help: I have been running into an issue lately and cannot figure out the root cause. I have been getting a stop error BSOD with this message: Page fault in none paged area, and when I check the event viewer I see this error. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  6. BSOD issue Please help

7. BSOD several times. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times. Please help!: Recently, my friend helped me upgrade my cpu from an old i5-3570 to i5-10400. First couple of days went smoothly but yesterday, my pc started getting different bsod. Stop codes includes "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" twice, "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL",...
  8. BSOD several times. Please help!

BSOD several times. Please help!: Recently, my friend helped me upgrade my cpu from an old i5-3570 to i5-10400. First couple of days went smoothly but yesterday, my pc started getting different bsod. Stop codes includes "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" twice, "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL",...
  9. BSOD several times. Please help!

10. Several BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe, please help.

Several BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe, please help.: Hi all, my Business PC has been working perfectly since building it earlier this year with no problems until 2 months ago when it froze connecting to the internet to check software licenses online. It then hit a BSOD with a DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I have tried removing my...