Windows 10: Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated

Discus and support Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve been having very frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my PC around Sep ‘19. I’ve never been able to get to the bottom of it and it only seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jamie123_500, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated

Hi all,

I’ve been having very frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my PC around Sep ‘19. I’ve never been able to get to the bottom of it and it only seems to be getting worse.

I have tried many of the usual troubleshooting tasks such as:

Updated all drivers including chipset drivers

Windows is fully up to date

BIOS is fully up to date

Checked RAM for errors using windows and memtest86, no errors whatsoever

Scanned system with SFC etc. no errors

Fully reinstalled Windows several times to no avail including installing it onto other drives

Tried running with every HDD unplugged except for the NVME boot drive.

Also tried unplugging the NVME drive and running windows off a SATA SSD drive.

Scanned drives with Crystaldiskinfo and other such programs, no issues.

--

The BSOD errors differ almost every time, giving me no specific area to troubleshoot further.

My hardware is as listed below. I will go into as much detail as possible. I have also added 'new' or 'old' to inform which parts are new as of Sep'19 and which were taken from my old PC.

new: AMD Ryzen 3700x

new: Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite

new: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 CL16

new: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive boot drive

old: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB

old: Samsung 850 EVO Series 250 GB

new: 1 x Western Digital 2 TB HDD

old: 2 x Seagate 2 TB HDD

old: SeaSonic S12II 620 W

My only thought is that the PSU is particularly old probs at least 5 yrs and might be causing voltage issues. This seems like a very rare issue though and I'm reluctant to spend a significant amount of money on a new one if it's unlikely to solve my issues.

I've uploaded some logs based on info from other forums here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7KGemI533g8IKbJVkeaMqBKcK9I5O4s/view?usp=sharing - let me know if this isn't accessible or if other files/logs are needed.

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

:)

Jamie123_500, Oct 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 download distaster... any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell in search, right click on it and Open as administrator
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 21, 2020
  3. trekker35 Win User
    Deleting mail application from C7 - Any suggestion and help will be greatly appreciated.

How can I delete email application from C7 and re-install it. I have several problems with my current one. Any suggestion and help will be greatly appreciated.

trekker35, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated

Bluescreens all the time - help would be greatly appreciated!

I did try running some diagnostics and they always showed it to be healthy but it seemed to stall on certain sectors. And a few days ago, my HDD failed completely (sometimes failed to start, sometimes started and can't access file system, other assorted issues). Thankfully, I had a backup and I have a spare laptop. Thanks for all of your help, it was greatly appreciated!

Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated [​IMG]
    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

techlover10, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated

1. Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciated - Similar Threads - Several BSODs sure

2. Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.: I've been experiencing crashes while gaming or performing heavy-duty tasks on the PC.Its been going on for a few months, and nothing I have tried has worked to fix it.Sometimes the games/apps will run for hours with no issue, or will suddenly crash after 10-15 minutes of...
  3. Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.: I've been experiencing crashes while gaming or performing heavy-duty tasks on the PC.Its been going on for a few months, and nothing I have tried has worked to fix it.Sometimes the games/apps will run for hours with no issue, or will suddenly crash after 10-15 minutes of...
  4. Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.: I keep running into a BSOD WHEA error while gaming. Sometimes the game will run for hours, sometimes for 30 minutes, and sometimes only for ten. I have tried almost every game in my library, and it happens with anything. I am currently looking for the solution, but help would...
  5. Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into a WHEA BSOD while gaming. Help would be greatly appreciated.: I keep running into a BSOD WHEA error while gaming. Sometimes the game will run for hours, sometimes for 30 minutes, and sometimes only for ten. I have tried almost every game in my library, and it happens with anything. I am currently looking for the solution, but help would...
  6. Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSODs a day. Not sure what else to try. Help greatly appreciat: Hi all, This is a bit of a repost I'm afraid. I posted on this forum several months ago about the same issue, but have still not gotten to the bottom of this issue. Ive been having very frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my PC around Sep 19. Ive never been able to find the...
  7. Any help is greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  8. Regular BSODs ever since building PC. Any help greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSODs ever since building PC. Any help greatly appreciated: Hi all, Ive been having very frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my PC around Sep 19. Ive never been able to get to the bottom of it and it only seems to be getting worse. It often happens when the PC is idle but can also happen when using it. I have tried many of the usual...
  9. Any help greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  10. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated: Help! Son has a window on his PC screen that will not close or move. Need to know if anyone knows what it is and or how to get rid of it? My guess is he accidently changed something in settings but I have no idea where to begin to look. lol [IMG]...