Windows 10: several desktops

Discus and support several desktops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First, let me say the problem I am having is not the second drive.. I have a C drive a D drive (recovery drive. I have a problem with my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonnaGreer, Oct 30, 2018.

1. several desktops

First, let me say the problem I am having is not the second drive.. I have a C drive a D drive (recovery drive. I have a problem with my computer showing more than one user. I will save a document or a photo, etc. What will happen is that it will go into my pc or the name of my computer. When I go to my name of computer listed under my pc, I receive another name. I click on that name and I get the same name. I then click on that name and I get a desktop. Not all items are the same and I am afraid to delete the extra names but I am concerned that I will lose a file or a program. When I would open my computer it gave me two Microsoft office login names., I contacted Microsoft and they deleted the second login. I believe what they did was delete the second login and kept the second account on my drive. The problem is getting worse. I will tell my computer to save an item to my pc and then I cannot find the file. I have found some in the other accounts, but this takes time and is frustrating.

Donna

:)

DonnaGreer, Oct 30, 2018

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 30, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 30, 2018
  4. several desktops

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

several desktops

1. several desktops - Similar Threads - several desktops

2. Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...: Desktop freezes for 5-10 seconds intermittently on every audio and video platform. I have changed the ethernet cable to a lower gauge wire 22 gauge. I have several other computer, phones and other devices on the network that do not suffer from this problem...
  3. Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...: Desktop freezes for 5-10 seconds intermittently on every audio and video platform. I have changed the ethernet cable to a lower gauge wire 22 gauge. I have several other computer, phones and other devices on the network that do not suffer from this problem...
  4. how to fix: desktop missing several shortcut icons after monthly update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix: desktop missing several shortcut icons after monthly update.: This found when trying to restore above icons: In Troubleshooting Windows Store Apps>Report="hanging or crashing apps, not fixed.Detection details= Problem with BITS service>the requested service has been started. System. Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is...
  5. how to fix: desktop missing several shortcut icons after monthly update.

how to fix: desktop missing several shortcut icons after monthly update.: This found when trying to restore above icons: In Troubleshooting Windows Store Apps>Report="hanging or crashing apps, not fixed.Detection details= Problem with BITS service>the requested service has been started. System. Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is...
  6. how to fix: desktop missing several shortcut icons after monthly update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. several icons in my desktop is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    several icons in my desktop is greyed out: I dont know how to describe my issue however some icons on my desktop are not showing there are names and you can drag it anywhere on the desktop. You can also click on it and it will open. I tried to remove them but still it will be blank when you put it back in the desktop....
  8. several icons in my desktop is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several icons in my desktop is greyed out: I dont know how to describe my issue however some icons on my desktop are not showing there are names and you can drag it anywhere on the desktop. You can also click on it and it will open. I tried to remove them but still it will be blank when you put it back in the desktop....
  9. several icons in my desktop is greyed out

10. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag: I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650For the past few months I have been facing some problems while playing a 3D game called SpaceEngine on my computer....