Windows 10: several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only"

Discus and support several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several of my files are marked as "read only" where I specificaly noticed this problem was a game whose save directory is in MyDocuments and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Badjer FiST, Jun 9, 2019.

1. several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only"

Several of my files are marked as "read only" where I specificaly noticed this problem was a game whose save directory is in MyDocuments and cannot make save files. Is there a reason why I cannot remove the "read only" from these directories?

:)

Badjer FiST, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 9, 2019
  4. several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only"

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only"

1. several directories including desktop and my files marked as "read only" - Similar Threads - several directories including

2. All folders are marked read only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are marked read only.: I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access. [ATTACH] Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows...
  3. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  4. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  5. Temp directory switches to read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp directory switches to read only: Hey all So I've had this problem on and off for the last three months; every so often, my temp directory will switch to Read Only and I'm unable to change the attributes of the files inside it. I have admin permissions on the laptop as the sole user, but when I try to make...
  6. Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...

Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...: Look, I've tried everything I can. From several different forums that have the exact same problems as me to as many websites and links as I can count on my fingers. But nothing has solved this issue. I have the most recent version of Windows installed on my computer and one...
  7. remove read only attribute from several hundred directory folders (not files) in windows 10

remove read only attribute from several hundred directory folders (not files) in windows 10: I want to remove the read only attribute for several hundred Directory Folders (not files) in my folder "Y:\- MY MUSIC\- ALL MY MUSIC" There are several thousand individual files in that folder all of which I have no problem changing the read only attribute, but nothing I...
  8. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only": This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the properties which I...
  9. Drives Marked Read Only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Marked Read Only: I have several hard drives on my PCs; some are physical, some are partitions. In every PC I've upgraded, W10 marks these as RO. I go through the ritual of setting permissions to Full and marking RW, but occasionally a drive will revert to RO. I can't find a Take Ownership...
  10. windows 10 marks directories as "read only" and i am unable to change

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 marks directories as "read only" and i am unable to change: this happened today. I cannot save some files from a program I am using very easily as well. prior to this, I had changed permissions from a system file from "trusted installer" to myself as the administrator, which I also added to the separate administrators group. i...