Windows 10: Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

Discus and support Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scalzolano, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new folders were “system” “system64” and “mono”. The new file was “mono.msi”. All of these were created at the exact same time on April 11 2020. What are these from? I ran a defender scan and nothing came up.

:)

scalzolano, Apr 18, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DSeveral files popped up in D: drive at the same time. :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DSeveral files popped up in D: drive at the same time. :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

1. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time. - Similar Threads - Several files popped

2. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

in Cortana
    Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time: Hi,I had a problem with Reminders given by Cortana. Yesterday I set a reminder for something through Cortana and it had to pop up at 11:00 am. Cortana had set the reminder in To Do. But at 11:00 am both Cortana and To Do popped up the Reminders. It is quite frustrating when...
  3. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time: Hi,I had a problem with Reminders given by Cortana. Yesterday I set a reminder for something through Cortana and it had to pop up at 11:00 am. Cortana had set the reminder in To Do. But at 11:00 am both Cortana and To Do popped up the Reminders. It is quite frustrating when...
  4. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. random files popping up in my d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random files popping up in my d drive: so recently i updated my pc and all of a sudden files been popping up i delete them and they come back this is what it looks like pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-files-popping-up-in-my-d-drive/480de870-879e-4540-b02f-4b3291e9348f
  6. Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time): Hi folks File explorer can copy files acrosss a network but it seems to do only 1 at a time Filezilla via sftp copes with copying several concurrently. Similar ftp type of programsalso can do this. [img] anyway of replicating that with file explorer in settings /...
  7. The same browser several times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The same browser several times?: Hey question may sound stupid at first but it would be of use for me | question: how do I get Firefox on my pc several times, i.e. the browsers are completely separated from each other although it is the same as if I had 2 PCs :) very simple I fail but it is possible to do...
  8. Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.: Yesterday I found that several new files had appeared on my D: drive, which I only use for games. All of the files were created on April 11th, 2020. There were 3 folders that appeared, “system” “system64” and “mono”. The file that appeared was “mono.msi”. What could this be?...
  9. Same error popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same error popping up: [IMG] Ok so I’ve been having this same error pop up ever since I’ve gotten this computer. I don’t know what’s wrong or how to fix it can someone please help? Sorry if you can’t really read it but the error itself says “page fault in non-paged area” while the thing that has...
  10. low disk space drive D pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    low disk space drive D pop up: The pop up concerning low disk space on drive D is driving me nuts! Sure would appreciate advice as to how I can delete it for good! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space-drive-d-pop-up/65ab12f5-6884-4069-ac41-5e9d356b053d