Windows 10: Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results.

Discus and support Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I initially upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, which took 8+ hours to complete. When the installation was done, the performance I was getting was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kutuup, Aug 14, 2015.

1. kutuup Win User

Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results.

I initially upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, which took 8+ hours to complete. When the installation was done, the performance I was getting was pretty horrible, constant stuttering, latency and slowdown. So I made an install disk from a fresh download and reinstalled from scratch, which I then had to do about six times. Every installation attempt went differently, but each one took 3+ hours and either resulted in an install that performed incredibly poorly like before, or simply failed to complete installation at all. The most common issue I got on the installs that failed was getting stuck in a loop where I would be asked to connect to a network, then I would get a "just a moment" message for about 10 minutes, then a reboot would happen and I would be asked to connect again, get the same message for another 10 minutes, then another reboot.

I initially thought maybe my HDD was going bad, so I swapped it out for a known good one, no fix.

I then replaced my PSU, no fix.

In the end I gave up and rolled back to Windows 7, which installed without issue and works just fine.

Has anyone else had similar issues with similar rigs?

:)

kutuup, Aug 14, 2015
  2. LouisOtt Win User

Upgrade from Win7 Home Pro to Win 10 Stops with error 8007002C-4000D

Trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home Pro on desktop to Win 10. Download goes ok. Installation seems to go ok except stops with error code 8007002C-4000D. All attempts to fix are unsuccessful. Download and install several times with the same result. Need some
    instructions to get the upgrade install to be successful.

LouisOtt, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Ezariah Win User
    Windows 10 View Update History

I viewed my Windows Update History, the last successful update is dated September, 14, 2016. My system has attempted to update several times since that date, but I see no further update history past September 14, 2016, neither successful or unsuccessful.
    Why does my system keep attempting to update, yet show now history successful or unsuccessful of updates past September 14, 2016?

Ezariah, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results.

1. Several installation attempts, varied yet unsuccessful results. - Similar Threads - Several installation attempts

2. older game installation attempt unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    older game installation attempt unsuccessful: I have Windows 10 on my HP and am trying to install a 20 yr old game from The Learning Company which I was told would install without a hitch... When I placed the disc in my DVD RW drive it asked me if I wanted to install and I clicked 'yes'. After about 30 seconds it stated...
  3. Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.: Several of my applications have been closing within a few seconds of opening as a result of a WinRAR installation, including Notepad, photos, davinci resolve and other extraction applications such as 7zip.During the Installation of WinRAR, it said something about modify Hkeys...
  4. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts: Hello. Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago, I've found a few more attempts - all from America. I can only assume these are all unsuccessful because I have two-factor...
  5. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in attempt: Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been. The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my...
  6. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsuccessful Login Attempts: I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful. I have 2FA on...
  7. 0x80070005 - Tool Results Unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070005 - Tool Results Unsuccessful: I followed the steps posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070005-need-a-fix-click/e4cb8700-f215-4f1a-8bd4-6457ac619c19 When I ran AccessChk, it returns a blank file when piped to text and a blank screen when ran...
  8. Varying results on speed tests

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Varying results on speed tests: I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app,...
  9. Varying results on speed tests

in Windows 10 Support
    Varying results on speed tests: I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app,...
  10. Search Results Not Ready Yet

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results Not Ready Yet: Whenever I search for any setting using inside the settings window in Windows 10, it comes up with an instant result of "search results aren't quite ready yet, but we're working on getting them together. Try back in a few minutes." It stays like this through a computer...