Windows 10: Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

Discus and support Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear community, sometimes I am using two desktops in Windows 10. I would to like to have two instances of a program (e.g. Sticky Notes) open at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by exceluser_123, May 23, 2019.

1. Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

Dear community,

sometimes I am using two desktops in Windows 10. I would to like to have two instances of a program (e.g. Sticky Notes) open at the same time (one on each desktop). While this works for some programs, this does not work for e.g. Sticky Notes. Is there anything I can do so that it works?

Thank you for your help!

:)

exceluser_123, May 23, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

sticky notes onmultiple desktops

Hello Cathy,

• When you say “multiple desktops for different users” are you referring to multiple desktop on single user account or you are unable to open Sticky notes on a particular user account?
    If you have created multiple desktop using the task view on a user account, and if you try to open Sticky notes on the second desktop it’s by design it will automatically open the sticky notes on desktop 1.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, May 23, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

1. Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops) - Similar Threads - Several instances Sticky

2. Sever 2016 Sever manger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sever 2016 Sever manger: I un-installed .NET framework 4.6 and now I can't get Server Manger to launch and I cant't find the installer for .NET framework. When I attempted to install the 4.6 version from Microsoft it would not install because it is already installed and just needs to be turned on....
  3. Sever 2016 Sever manger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sever 2016 Sever manger: I un-installed .NET framework 4.6 and now I can't get Server Manger to launch and I cant't find the installer for .NET framework. When I attempted to install the 4.6 version from Microsoft it would not install because it is already installed and just needs to be turned on....
  4. Sticky Notes pinned to desktop on Startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pinned to desktop on Startup?: Is it possible to have my notes pinned to my desktop all the time? Instead of having to open it everytime I turn on my laptop I would like it to just be there in my desktop at all times. Kind of like a widget. Is this possible? submitted by /u/JavaRuinedMyLIfe [link]...
  5. How can I stop several instances of several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop several instances of several applications: Hi I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome, RuntimeBroker.exe has 10 instances and others. 1 Are all these necessary at the same time 2 how do I stop them Thanks...
  6. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  7. Sticky notes disappear from desktop

Sticky notes disappear from desktop: After getting the recent Windows 10 update, when I turn off and later turn on my computer I find that one or more of the sticky notes on my desktop (including those with writing and typed information) disappear, seemingly deleting themselves. Is this a known problem, and how...
  8. Desktop sticky notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop sticky notes: Hi all, I am looking for a way to get my notes in my desktop at all times. I currently use MS Sticky Notes because that seems to be the only application that will allow me to stick notes into my laptop background but I would rather use another tool that allows more...
  9. several desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    several desktops: First, let me say the problem I am having is not the second drive.. I have a C drive a D drive (recovery drive. I have a problem with my computer showing more than one user. I will save a document or a photo, etc. What will happen is that it will go into my pc or the name of...
  10. Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else

Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else: A few build releases ago, I started having a severe Sticky Note typing lag. This does not occur anywhere else in Windows Explorer or Apps, such as typing this thread in a browser or using Microsoft Suite. As an example, I typed "How long should it take to type this...