Windows 10: Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry

Discus and support Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm facing several issues right now: "Critical error: start menu not working" whenever I attempt to use the start menu Occasional blue screen saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaulYoung, Oct 14, 2019.

1. SaulYoung Win User

Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry

I'm facing several issues right now:

• "Critical error: start menu not working" whenever I attempt to use the start menu
    • Occasional blue screen saying that the issue is to do with Fslx.sys
    • Cannot open picture documents on my desktop - "Invalid registry"
    • Cannot reset to factory defaults or anything similar - I just get a message saying it can't be reset

I've scanned for malware and removed it with malware bytes, as well as using Security Task Manager. I don't even mind If i have to lose everything and reset to factory defaults at this point so any way of resolving this would be nice.

:)

SaulYoung, Oct 14, 2019

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry

1. Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry - Similar Threads - Several issues Cannot

2. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Cheat on Start Menu: After I upgraded to windows 11 I discovered that it won't support the hideable start menu on the left side of the screen that I've been using for 10+ years.I had to buy a reconditioned desktop PC with Windows 10 after my old one died last week after HP downloaded a new bios...
  3. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Cheat on Start Menu: After I upgraded to windows 11 I discovered that it won't support the hideable start menu on the left side of the screen that I've been using for 10+ years.I had to buy a reconditioned desktop PC with Windows 10 after my old one died last week after HP downloaded a new bios...
  4. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  6. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  7. Start Menu registry settings

Start Menu registry settings: I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles. But somewhere in the org's image/deployment of W10 which includes a customised Start Menu it will create a maximum tile size of 2x2. Even going into the XML...
  8. nnot use start menu, Blue screen fslk error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nnot use start menu, Blue screen fslk error: out of the blue im having problems with the start menu not working. I have checked other threads to no avail. nnot use start menu, Blue screen. Have tried several methods from other posts but not a thing has worked. I have tried updating from Microsoft website, tried...
  9. Start menu not opening and blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not opening and blue screen: I am running dell g5 laptop and i am facing a issue regarding start menu. When i click the windows key on laptop start menu doesn't appera untill a mouse click is registered. Sometimes when i press windows key file explorer opens up but mostly on pressing windows key nothing...
  10. Invalid registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid registry: Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055