Windows 10: several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my...

Discus and support several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I even used a very old backup on a computer that is rarely online. Same issue. When I burned the files to a dvd, I they are unlocked, but winhex... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daveheck, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Daveheck Win User

several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my...

I even used a very old backup on a computer that is rarely online. Same issue. When I burned the files to a dvd, I they are unlocked, but winhex shows that the file is only 0's.

:)

Daveheck, Sep 28, 2019

2. Help! File permission errors in encrypted folder

Hi Bill,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you the Administrator of the computer?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

I suggest you to decrypt the folder by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right-click the folder or file you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.

• Click the General tab, and then click Advanced.

• Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Can't Encrypting Folder

Hi Jeanette,

The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect them from unwanted access. This is the strongest protection that is available in Windows to help you
    keep your individual files and folders secure. Here are the steps on how you can encrypt files and folders in Windows 10:

• Right-click the folder or file you want to encrypt, and then click Properties.
    • In the General tab, click on the Advanced button.
    • Check the Encrypt contents to secure data box, and click on OK.
    • Click OK and close Properties window.
    • Apply changes to the folder, subfolders and files when prompted. If it is a file, select to either Encrypt the file and its parent folder or Encrypt the file only for what you want, and click
      on OK.

Tip: The first time you encrypt a folder or file, an encryption certificate is automatically created. You should backup your encryption certificate. If you lose access to your encrypted files
    and folders, you will not be able to open them again unless you first restore the file encryption key for them.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 28, 2019
  4. several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my...

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my...

1. several jpg files, all in same folder, are encrypted. All other jpgs are ok. Even my... - Similar Threads - several jpg files

2. Encrypted folder won't decrypt even with the same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypted folder won't decrypt even with the same password: I encrypted a folder and all files in it using Windows 10 File Explorer. I had to re-install Windows which gave my computer a new device name, DESKTOP-AOO3LRQ which is different from the device name when I encrypted the folder either DESKTOP-EPNHTM0 or DESKTOP-HKO949A, I...
  3. Encrypted folder won't decrypt even with the same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted folder won't decrypt even with the same password: I encrypted a folder and all files in it using Windows 10 File Explorer. I had to re-install Windows which gave my computer a new device name, DESKTOP-AOO3LRQ which is different from the device name when I encrypted the folder either DESKTOP-EPNHTM0 or DESKTOP-HKO949A, I...
  4. Encrypted folder won't decrypt even with the same password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.: Yesterday I found that several new files had appeared on my D: drive, which I only use for games. All of the files were created on April 11th, 2020. There were 3 folders that appeared, “system” “system64” and “mono”. The file that appeared was “mono.msi”. What could this be?...
  6. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders: So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank. So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed...
  7. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders: So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank. So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed...
  8. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  9. All my files ENCRYPTED

All my files ENCRYPTED: hi I found all my fiIes ENCRYPTED . ..then ifound text in all folder saying that """---------------------------------------------- ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ----------------------------------------------- Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files...
  10. Encrypt My All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypt My All Files: Hi All i encrypt some files (Properties ->General ->advanced ) but from that time any file i created it , it become encrypt defalutly , how fix it? 22046