Windows 10: Several keys not working properly

Discus and support Several keys not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have lenovo g50-70 laptop currently running on Windows 10. My space bar is not function properly sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amit Shahani, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Several keys not working properly

Hi, I have lenovo g50-70 laptop currently running on Windows 10. My space bar is not function properly sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, both pairs of my 'ADD' and 'MINUS' keys are not working as it was supposed to. Clicking ADD keys increase the text size whereas MINUS keys decreases the text size. I did an online keyboard test. In the result I found 9 keys where not working properly. Those are 2 ADD, 2 MINUS, FN, HOME, END, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN keys. Also I found that, ALT keys were getting clicked as I clicked on ADD and MINUS keys. And also PAUSE, BREAK/CANCEL, SCROLL LOCK and

:)

Amit Shahani, Jul 30, 2021

2. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 30, 2021
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Several keys not working properly

Windows 10 function keys not working properly

Hi Brianna,

I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers and see if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Several keys not working properly

1. Several keys not working properly - Similar Threads - Several keys working

2. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL Keys not working properly: Good day! I am currently using a LENOVO Ideapad Gaming 3 Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Around a week ago both of my CTRL keys stopped working properly. Steps that I have taken: 1. CTRL keys work properly on the On-Screen Keyboard, but it is far too inefficient to use...
  3. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  4. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  5. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  6. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WASD keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WASD keys not working properly: When playing games on laptop WASD keys holding for a couple of ticks, up to date drivers,external keyboard works fine,tried uninstalling and rebooting, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wasd-keys-not-working-properly/3560fa49-37c6-483e-88f8-23314c41841e
  8. Filter keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filter keys not working properly: So the issue is that sometimes i press a key for a bit longer and it prints a letter double.... so i just want the 1st repeated keystroke to be delayed and for that i switched on filter keys>repeat keys and there it has 2 options :1. Wait before accepting the first keystroke...
  9. Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys not working properly: I have hp envy x360 convertible, but few \keys are not wor\king properly. whenever I press "k" I get "\k" and long press results in "\kkkkkkkkkkkkk" and on pressing "k" with shift for capital letter I get "K" and long press with shift results in "K" same is the case with...
  10. keys not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not work properly: why my volume rockers buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work in my dell inspiron 8gen. windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-work-properly/ca70ed83-d65f-46a0-bd2e-5357b081c2a6