Windows 10: Several(many) crashes/problems since installing WIndows 10 Home

Discus and support Several(many) crashes/problems since installing WIndows 10 Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, To be honest I do not know where to publish the post. I am continuing to troubleshoot and seek help with my new install on a HP dv7-6xx laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ohwell, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Ohwell Win User

Several(many) crashes/problems since installing WIndows 10 Home

Hi, To be honest I do not know where to publish the post.
    I am continuing to troubleshoot and seek help with my new install on a HP dv7-6xx laptop which had Windows 7 64bit Home Premium installed...no errors/violations before installation of 10...I hope this is a good area to start.
    I did post the "Bluetooth Device Monitor" event in another section of this forum earlier today.
    The below items are not listed in any chronology sequence,
    Problems consist:
    1. Very slow startup, (black screen) once I get to log in screen it is not long before I see the desktop.
    2. Long period before seeing the desktop before recovery from sleep (black screen).
    3. Sleep issues...sometimes sleep will occur....
    The remaining errors are logged in the Reliability History "Critical events" report...(58 items for 08/02/2015).
    4 "Bluetooth Device Monitor - stopped working" error posted every 10/15 minutes to Reliability History report.
    5. "Windows Explorer" crashes...has occurred a couple of times when I type "power" in the "Search Control Panel" box!
    6. "Bluetooth OBEX Service - Stopped working".
    7. "Bluetooth Media Service - Stopped working".
    8. "Cortana Stopped responding and was closed".
    9. "Windows Shell Experience Host - Stopped Responding and was closed".
    10. "Microsoft Edge - Stopped responding and was closed".
    In "Warnings"...
    1. "Intel (R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology - Unsuccessful application installation".
    2. "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistribution 10.0.30319 - Unsuccessful application installation"
    3. "AMD Catalyst Install Manager - Unsuccessful application reconfiguration"
    4. "AMD Catalyst Control Center - Unsuccessful application removal"

There could be more but the above are items I have documented
    Thanks

:)

Ohwell, Aug 3, 2015

2. Hello ! I have computer AG wortman with windows 10 with Whea uncorectable error impossible to correct whith various post solution on microsoft answer

Since 2 month my computer crashed often.

It crashed more often when use usb port and copy data.

I have install 3 time again windows 10 from fresh to test to correct the problem but always here...

I have install from upgrade windows 10 iso image from manufacturer with all the driver provide by manufacturer..

And i have try with driver upgrade from intel because more new update..

But always the problem...

I have put several recent crash dump + memory dump on drive.

Many thank to analyze this.

crashdump – Google Drive

jean mariegirardet, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10--- so many problems since installing

Hi Istrebig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience, I will certainly assist you in fixing these issues.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.

b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.

c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.

d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.

e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.

f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation.

g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.

h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

Method2: Refer the following article by Vijaya Kumari and check if that fixes issues related to laptop freezing.

Computer freezes after upgrading to Windows 10.

Method3: Refer the following article by Auggy to resolve the issues related to CD/DVD drive not working and check if that helps.

CD/DVD Rom Drive not working After Windows 10 Upgrade

I also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD Driver and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and press
      Enter.
    • Right-click the CD/DVD, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible. In a pinch you can use the Windows Device Manager to uninstall troublesome driver.
    • And restart your system.
    • Install the latest driver from the system manufacturer’s website.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ohwell Win User

Sorry...here is the requested file

Ohwell, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I'm going to move this to General for you. With no BSODs encountered there are no dump files to analyse so you'll get more exposure there.

Boozad, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Ohwell Win User
    Hi Boozad...Thank you for your help

Ohwell, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Now you've perofrmed the upgrade a clean install may solve your issues. be sure all of your data is backed up before performing a clean install.

Boozad, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Ohwell Win User

Good Afternoon Boozad
    Thank you for taking the time and interest in my problems…
    Since I got your last reply I have done much searching on the net for answers. I have also experienced:

Two Windows Explorer crashes...both occurred after I typed "power" into the Control Panel search box, then I am unable to open the link to the Control panel from the start button...no response.

When I want to dismount an external HDD, I do not get the pop up telling it is now "safe to remove" the device

Reboots normally fix the issues for a period of time
    There has always been something new each day!

On reflection, when I installed the Upgrade on the 2nd of August I had a window that stated "Something Happened" ...Windows 10 failed to install. (35 minutes into the process)
    I restarted the process again...this time no warnings during installation...But. I never got the "What needs your attention" window, stating "Windows Media Center will be uninstalled during the upgrade. It isn't available in Windows 10"...so never offered the box to "Confirm" this degrade. I have seen this "confirmation" window on 2 previous installs!

You suggest a "Clean Install", but I will lose all my Programs/Apps...this is correct?
    I am not worried about the data as it is stored online

If this is the case then I am/must consider backing out of Windows 10 Home upgrade, going back to Windows 7 Home premium….and
    Maybe trying the upgrade again...or
    ...try the upgrade in several months when hopefully there are more resources of help?. No disrespect on your part! If that option is even available from Microsoft...

So far today I have 31 Critical events in the Reliability History report…

As this is the main work-horse in the Family I need to get back to something that works. I have installed the upgrade on an old HP Vista (7 year old) laptop and Surface Pro2 with no problems…
    Your candid help and opinion will be accepted
    Thank you again
    Stu

Ohwell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Several(many) crashes/problems since installing WIndows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Several many crashes

2. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times: here are the minidump files i got click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-problem-since-yesterday-several-times/2ff51e4f-bdd8-49c1-bf6e-72f312268263
  3. Windows 10 Home Single Language Several Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Single Language Several Problems: Version used: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Several Problems: * cannot save files as pdf with browser Edge & Chrome * cannot use save as pdf function in Microsoft 365 Outlook * File Explorer disappeared * cannot access Microsoft Defender Antivirus Check anymore Please help...
  4. Windows 10 October update. So many problems since.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October update. So many problems since.: Since the October 2019 Windows 10 update I've had so many problems. How do I revert the PC back to prior to that update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update-so-many-problems-since/26b2a071-b22e-494f-8ed3-2ead4d53825a
  5. Window 10 home Installation problem

Window 10 home Installation problem: Hii first sorry for my cute ENGLISH. my pc just 6 month old and it's a DOC Unit. From last 6 month i used window 10 pro (What came from retailer) but suddenly keyboard of my pc not working. I contact HP Care they told me to installed a ORIGINAL Window. I buy that from AMAZON...
  6. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  7. So many problems since Windows 10 October update

So many problems since Windows 10 October update: My computer has not been the same since the Windows 10 October update Google Calendar takes forever to open, as does Facebook, part of the time Windows 10 doesn't recognize there's a camera or microphone when I'm in Zoom, the icons at the top of my Google Chrome screen don't...
  8. VPN problems since Windows 10 Home update in August

in Windows 10 Customization
    VPN problems since Windows 10 Home update in August: Since the 1803 update I am unable to connect remotely to work with VPN or Sonic Wall Extender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/vpn-problems-since-windows-10-home-update-in/0dea7abc-db2f-48e1-b728-c4b578c37f7a
  9. Many problems with installation

Many problems with installation: I have installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavillion laptop. Nothing seems to be working properly. Everything I click on says Not Responding. I've now tried to close it down. All I get is the whirly dots and 'Signing off'. It looks like I shall have to turn it off manually! It...
  10. Since installing win 10 many issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Since installing win 10 many issues: Since I installed windows 10 and edge I am unable to play the games on facebook. They always worked before and will still with Chrome. More importantly my employer uses Outlook Web App for accessing our email and I can still open emails but cannot add an attachment or access...