Windows 10: Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me

Discus and support Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me in Windows 10. I just get the blue circle to indicate time passing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickoMcBrainio, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me

Hi, Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me in Windows 10. I just get the blue circle to indicate time passing. Can anybody give any advice?

:)

NickoMcBrainio, Jul 4, 2018

2. Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me

Hi, Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me in Windows 10. I just get the blue circle to indicate time passing. Can anybody give any advice?

NickoMcBrainio, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me

Not one media player will work

Hi Connie,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I would like to know on which web browser does the YouTube issue persists.

I suggest you to turn Off and On the Windows Media Player from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select
      Programs and Features option from the list.

• Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.

• Expand Media Features from the list.

• Uncheck the Windows Media Player option and restart the system.

• Follow Step 1 to Step 3 and recheck the Windows Media Player option.

• Open the Windows Media Player to check if it works.
    If you are using the Microsoft Edge then, I suggest you to refer to the section:
    View or delete browsing history from the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

I suggest you to refer to the following article to enable the Flash Player in the Microsoft Edge.

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

If you are using the Internet Explorer then,
    I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Change or reset Internet Explorer settings and make sure the Flash player is updated.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me

1. Several Microsoft apps (Word, Media Player, Edge etc.) are not opening for me - Similar Threads - Several Microsoft apps

2. Microsoft Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Media Player: I have applied for Windows 11. I reinstalled an update and Windows Media Player has disappeared. It is not in the list of optional features and it is not present in control panel. I have tried accessing the folder it is in and it has .mui files that I cannot open. I have...
  3. Microsoft Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Media Player: I have applied for Windows 11. I reinstalled an update and Windows Media Player has disappeared. It is not in the list of optional features and it is not present in control panel. I have tried accessing the folder it is in and it has .mui files that I cannot open. I have...
  4. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  5. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  6. Keyboard Keys opening Microsoft Apps, mouse duplicating items in Words PowerPoint etc with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys opening Microsoft Apps, mouse duplicating items in Words PowerPoint etc with...: My laptop keyboard is opening Microsoft Apps or Webs instead of typing characters, can't type anywhere on my laptop, for example if I press the key W on my laptop, it opens Words instead of typing the character W, also my mouse is duplicating items when I select it with just...
  7. Keyboard Keys opening Microsoft Apps, mouse duplicating items in Words PowerPoint etc with...

Keyboard Keys opening Microsoft Apps, mouse duplicating items in Words PowerPoint etc with...: My laptop keyboard is opening Microsoft Apps or Webs instead of typing characters, can't type anywhere on my laptop, for example if I press the key W on my laptop, it opens Words instead of typing the character W, also my mouse is duplicating items when I select it with just...
  8. MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER: I've used MMP for years but I purchased a new computer Acer and now when I insert a home-created DVD it will not download in MMP to watch and then burn. PowerDVD opens and I'm not able to rip. Any suggestions?...
  9. Microsoft Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Media Player: Microsoft Media Player doesn't work. Error: Server execution failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-media-player/37e1b242-7d7d-4b8d-a8c7-9c782e56e480
  10. Microsoft Media Player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Media Player: I purchased Microsoft Media Player for Windows 10 so that I could use my DVD player & I am getting an error code of 0xc00d4e84. Can someone tell me what my problem is? Thanks...