Windows 10: several minutes for file to open

Discus and support several minutes for file to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an ssd, Samsung 980 pro. The thing I have observed is that sometimes the system works just fine, but at random times when I open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anu_raxdeba, Mar 29, 2021.

1. several minutes for file to open

Hello,

I have an ssd, Samsung 980 pro.

The thing I have observed is that sometimes the system works just fine, but at random times when I open any Folderdoesn't mater how many files are in it, it takes up to 5-7 minutes to open.

I have surfed the web, but haven't come across any answers/solutions.

Can you advice something ?

:)

anu_raxdeba, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 29, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile several minutes for file to open :)

jaydeee, Mar 29, 2021
  4. several minutes for file to open

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

several minutes for file to open

1. several minutes for file to open - Similar Threads - several minutes file

2. Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load: Hey everybody,For some reason my windows key has stopped working. Sometimes my wallpaper disappears and turns black upon startup as well, the file explorer icon takes several minutes to load if I click on it multiple times, it shows up in a stack a minute later. Here's a...
  3. Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load: Hey everybody,For some reason my windows key has stopped working. Sometimes my wallpaper disappears and turns black upon startup as well, the file explorer icon takes several minutes to load if I click on it multiple times, it shows up in a stack a minute later. Here's a...
  4. File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...: The title really explains it all. I click on any file in File Explorer, it freezes and the cursor spins, but it doesn't get marked as "Not Responding". It doesn't say that in Task Manager either. It's like everything works normally, it just won't let me click on anything.I've...
  5. File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...

File Explorer freezes for several minutes when I click on a file, but it doesn't display as...: The title really explains it all. I click on any file in File Explorer, it freezes and the cursor spins, but it doesn't get marked as "Not Responding". It doesn't say that in Task Manager either. It's like everything works normally, it just won't let me click on anything.I've...
  6. WIFI dropping after several minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI dropping after several minutes: My WIFI drops after several minutes and unable to reconnect again even though that it says connected secured. I restarted my PC and disconnect and forget my WIFI multiple times but still behaving the same issue. Turning the router off still nothing. I checked my other device...
  7. WIFI dropping after several minutes

WIFI dropping after several minutes: My WIFI drops after several minutes and unable to reconnect again even though that it says connected secured. I restarted my PC and disconnect and forget my WIFI multiple times but still behaving the same issue. Turning the router off still nothing. I checked my other device...
  8. WIFI dropping after several minutes

9. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...
  10. When I open Discord, several world files opens

When I open Discord, several world files opens: When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft...