Windows 10: Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

Discus and support Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I found that several new files had appeared on my D: drive, which I only use for games. All of the files were created on April 11th, 2020.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrsebe, Apr 17, 2020.

1. /u/mrsebe Win User

Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

Yesterday I found that several new files had appeared on my D: drive, which I only use for games. All of the files were created on April 11th, 2020. There were 3 folders that appeared, “system” “system64” and “mono”. The file that appeared was “mono.msi”. What could this be? I am pretty sure it’s not a virus or anything, as defender didn’t come up with any threats found.

submitted by /u/mrsebe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrsebe, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time.

1. Several new files popped up in my hard drive all at the same time. - Similar Threads - Several files popped

2. All my hard drive files are on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my hard drive files are on my desktop: I have two drives, an HDD and an SSD, with my SSD being my booting drive. I was running out of space on my desktop so I decided to move my desktop location to my HDD. For some reason this caused all my HDD files to move to the desktop, not shortcuts, complete files. Can...
  3. hard drive filed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive filed up: I was in windows10 settings and click something and my drive started filling up and now I have hardly any space left to do anything I found the problem folder it is $os or $of something like that I downloaded that program treesize and it found it a lot easier but I don't know...
  4. Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time): Hi folks File explorer can copy files acrosss a network but it seems to do only 1 at a time Filezilla via sftp copes with copying several concurrently. Similar ftp type of programsalso can do this. [img] anyway of replicating that with file explorer in settings /...
  5. The same browser several times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The same browser several times?: Hey question may sound stupid at first but it would be of use for me | question: how do I get Firefox on my pc several times, i.e. the browsers are completely separated from each other although it is the same as if I had 2 PCs :) very simple I fail but it is possible to do...
  6. Switching windows to a new hard drive (all hardware still the same)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching windows to a new hard drive (all hardware still the same): I am looking to switch windows to a new m.2 NVME SSD that I bought. It is currently installed on a SSD hooked up via SATA. What is the easiest way to do this? Should I do a fresh install? Will I be able to activate my copy of Windows again as well as the office 2016 suite...
  7. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.: Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new folders were “system” “system64” and “mono”. The new file was “mono.msi”. All of these were created at the exact same time on...
  8. Pop up message all the time

Pop up message all the time: I keep getting a pop up notice that my Local disc H drive is full....I do not have an H drive! No such thing shows up in the left column, however it does show up when I click on This PC...then it shows full/red. But when I double click to open, it says 'this folder is...
  9. Install New Hard Drive in Same PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install New Hard Drive in Same PC: The HDD in the machine is obviously dying -- very slow, noises, etc. I have a new, larger HDD and there is an empty 3.5 slot. Can I install the new drive and then clone the old drive to the new and be able to boot from the new one? 116691
  10. Command Prompt pops up all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt pops up all the time: Thanks a lot guys for your time. what a great community.