Windows 10: Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

Discus and support Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error; magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server When I try to do the solution I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dhwolfer, Nov 22, 2020.

1. dhwolfer Win User

Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error;

magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server

When I try to do the solution I found on your community boards, I get the same error for clicking on Device driver etc. I can not longer manage my own computer even though I am the administrator. Help!!!!

When I try to roll back to the last version of windows before the last update it tells me this is not available because it has been more than 10 days since the last update and the button is greyed out.

I have not had to access either the magnifier or any of the Start right click commands until now. However, now I am finding that a lot of my start/right click commands are blocked as well.

:)

dhwolfer, Nov 22, 2020
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Nov 22, 2020
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu. - Similar Threads - Several applications stopped

2. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  3. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  4. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Half of my start menu application are not working: As of the title says half of my start menu application are not working, when I click the application it will make my computer freeze then it will not open at all. It is not happening on all application but almost half of it. It doesnt matter if it is windows apps or third...
  6. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my start menu application are not working: As of the title says half of my start menu application are not working, when I click the application it will make my computer freeze then it will not open at all. It is not happening on all application but almost half of it. It doesnt matter if it is windows apps or third...
  7. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Cortana
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  9. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  10. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315