Windows 10: several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?

Discus and support several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how can I retrieve Windows Live email folders and their contents that simply disappeared?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by claymoor12345, Nov 20, 2018.

1. several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?

how can I retrieve Windows Live email folders and their contents that simply disappeared?

:)

claymoor12345, Nov 20, 2018
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them    how to retreive? upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 22, 2018
  4. several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?

1. several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive? - Similar Threads - several folders disappeared

2. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  3. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  4. All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared: Since the update I have many documents that are now missing along with all of my folders that contained saved documents are all missing. This is crazy.! How do I get them back? ThanksTracy...
  5. All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared

All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared: Since the update I have many documents that are now missing along with all of my folders that contained saved documents are all missing. This is crazy.! How do I get them back? ThanksTracy...
  6. How can I retreive all Notificiations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retreive all Notificiations: i clicked on notification and it took it out how can I see it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retreive-all-notificiations/a377ca70-53b0-478b-b23f-fd4683875f28
  7. How can I retreive all Notificiations

How can I retreive all Notificiations: i clicked on notification and it took it out how can I see it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retreive-all-notificiations/a377ca70-53b0-478b-b23f-fd4683875f28
  8. Disappeared Email Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappeared Email Folder: One of my outlook folders disappeared overnight. The folder still exists in hotmail but all the emails are gone. The folder is empty. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappeared-email-folder/a4020537-1515-407e-ab7a-507d9d17ee37
  9. how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder: how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retreive-emails-that-are-not-listed-in-my/cbfd56d0-952b-42c9-bf81-7b48b727ef93
  10. Emails folders/disappearing emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emails folders/disappearing emails: Set up several folders to save pertinent emails once they have been read. The emails in about half of the folders have disappeared, folders are empty. A search for those emails comes up with nothing. All the folders were set up at the same time, using the same method....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. several folders disappeared in outlook 2010