Windows 10: Several problem with homegroup

Discus and support Several problem with homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by siocnarf, Dec 20, 2016.

1. siocnarf Win User

Several problem with homegroup

Hi,

I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just create the homegroup.

1. What was Strange:
    If I was creating the homegroup on Computer B then Computer A was seeing the offer from Computer B.
    If I was creating the homegroup on computer A then computer B was seeing Nothing.
    So I end up creating the homegroup on computer B and join computer A.

During the diagnostic process, I reset both network card. On one computer I was asked if I would like making that computer seen by all others computers on the network. But not on the other one.

Q1: Which parameter is trigger by this question?

2. With homegroup
    On computer B, in the homegroup, I see computer B but not computer A.
    On computer A, I see... Nothing.

Q2: How explaining that behavior. Same network, services are running.

3. With network neighborhood and homegroup.

I took time to share read write what I want to homegroup user. So, from network neighborhood, I would expect being able to access the directories content. nada.

On Computer B, I get a credential to access computer A.
    On computer A, Nothing except access denied on Computer's B directories.

Q3: Any idea?

François

:)

siocnarf, Dec 20, 2016

2. W10 Upgrade has changed file types

I have just had the latest big W10 upgrade and discovered it has changed my Word documents to Office Open XML files.

Can anyone tell me why this was done and whether there is a quick fix. Obviously I can use 'Open with' to get them back into Word. However then this involves duplicate documents.

Homegroup problem, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Homegroup problem

I ran the troubleshooter for the Homegroup and got a message that I need to run the Troubleshooter for Network issues first. The Troubleshooter found no problems with the network. I then ran the troubleshooter for the Homegroup and it also found no problems.

I have several other computer's running Windows 10 and they are all connected to the Homegroup so yeah, there is a problem here.

IdahoGrayWolf, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. the simple way is to remove homegroup its a pain. You then just use workgroup create an account on the other pc with same name password as the one your logged in with. then share folders on the pc and you should be good to go

Samuria, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Several problem with homegroup - Similar Threads - Several problem homegroup

2. Severe Sign in Problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Severe Sign in Problems: Why in the world is my Windows computer not allowing me to sign in with a 4 digit pin anymore. I have to sign in using my Microsoft Windows Outlook account number, and even then it usually doesn't let me sign in because I am not online. Well In order to get to the log in...
  3. Homegroup problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Homegroup problems: Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled. So i cannot add...
  4. HomeGroup problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  5. Homegroup Problems - Again!!

Homegroup Problems - Again!!: My frustrations with Windows 10 homegroup issues are haunting me once again. After the latest (#1511) update, my 4-PC homegroup is once again not working. First, one of the PCs could not access the others. My next steps were as follows: 1, One by one, each PC left the...
  6. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  7. More Homegroup Problems

More Homegroup Problems: Hi... I created a home group on my desktop while I had windows 7 installed... (I can not remember the password) Now after Upgrading to Windows 10 I can't access it... not from 1 of the PC's that were on this homegoup... none of us are on the homegroup, thus this...
  8. frustrated with several problems

in Windows 10 Support
    frustrated with several problems: I bought a new laptop (acer aspire) with win10 that I plan to use mostly for internet stuff since my tablet will no longer play you tube videos. I have a big work computer with Win 7 which I like just the way it is. Updates are turned off so it will not automatically update...
  9. Homegroup Problems - Help

Homegroup Problems - Help: I've updated two of four PCs from Win 7 home premium to Win 10. The Win 10 PCs can see each other on the network, are not able to access each other. Attempts to access results in an error message that reads to recheck the name of the device or check with the network...
  10. Problem with homegroup

Problem with homegroup: I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are...