Windows 10: Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

Discus and support Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I recently installed a new ssd on my lenovo idead pad 510 laptop The laptop became faster however several issues appeared in 2 weeks since i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enany97, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

Hello

I recently installed a new ssd on my lenovo idead pad 510 laptop The laptop became faster however several issues appeared in 2 weeks since i installed new windows in ssd First problem is my keyboard the problem started with 4 keys not workin to several keys to now nearly all keys in about 4 days Second problem is directx for example i play fifa for example it crashes and says “graphics card physically removed” for about three times and then on the fourth or fifth time it opens regularly

The third and main problem just happened today i found that some icons on my taskbar such as internet explorer and windows market disappeared but google chrome is there however all the taskbar is frozen after about 10 minutes all apps in taskbar diapered and at the same time i cant open the photos app or task manager but can open google chrome

I want to ask if all these problems are related cause they all happened in a few days after i installed ssd and what i can do to fix them

submitted by /u/enany97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enany97, Jan 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

1. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd - Similar Threads - Several problems installing

2. Problem with an Installation on new ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with an Installation on new ssd: The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen. The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB I used a re installation USB for Windows 10 I got on Amazon (Please don't judge me, I've had bad luck downloading installation...
  3. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  4. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD: Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop. When it started my laptop again, everything...
  5. Several problems after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Several problems after update: Hello after updating microsoft windows today (27/09) KB3176937, KB3176935 and security update KB3193494 I noticed a couple of issues. - When trying to open programs (or programs that open upon start up) they wouldn't open at all and if they they did it would end up not...
  6. Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD: I would appreciate if somebody could explain to me why I have a folder called Windows.old and windows 10upgrade in my C:\ I was having several issues with my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, Microsoft remote accessed my computer 4 times before they could fix it. After...
  7. ssd problem installing

ssd problem installing: hey everyone when i put this pc together i've built it with a m.2 950pro, install win10 from a usb, system is awesome. problem, i wanted to install the crucial for games, i know the m.2 shares pci-exp, but i've tried all the sata ports and new cables while using onboard...
  8. Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.

Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.: So i just bought a bigger SSD to install w10 on and the installer runs fine right up until the first restart. Computer restarts and the W10 installer is back at the start where I select the language. Im installing from an USB boot stick which I made with microsofts own tool....
  9. Installation problems on SSD

Installation problems on SSD: Hi there, I hope you guys can help me with a little problem I encountered while installing. I got a new Computer (new mb, a ssd, new cpu etc) and after assembling it I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the SSD via a bootable USB drive. Only the SSD, the dvd drive and the usb...
  10. Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems: Hi all, Just bought a 128gb Samsung 850 SSD and performed a clean install of windows 10 on my Acer Aspire R3-471T Laptop. Everything went smoothly, I let windows update itself and rebooted a few times. Now, there are some problems such as: - shut down button (from...