Windows 10: Several problems with user account in windows 10

Discus and support Several problems with user account in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, this a long story tbh. So I updated windows 10 to the May update, and I started to notice some weird problems, these starter appearing randomly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnekoTorres Gomez, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Several problems with user account in windows 10

Okay, this a long story tbh. So I updated windows 10 to the May update, and I started to notice some weird problems, these starter appearing randomly I think. So, first one is that the Night light (you know the blue light filter option in screen config) is greyed out, and i tried everything, reinstalling drivers, using another screen etc. but nothing.

Then last week, I have a shared account with a friend (you know under settings > accounts > email and user accounts), well, he changed the password and the pc notified that I needed to sign in again, I asked him and closed the windows bc I didn't have the new password yet. Well after he gave me the new one, I couldn't change or see or do anything in those settings (email and user accounts). It just keeps loading forever. Also, the settings crashes when I click on "sync configuration"

So I scanned with sfc /scannow and DISM and after hours or trial and error, I was able to get all the problems that those commands found fixed. But I still can't do anything with email and user accounts and the blue light thing.

Also, I can't sign-in under any UWP app, not even the Microsoft Store (pretty sure bc of this). It just crashes or doesn't open the sign-in window.

And today I tried doing an in-place reinstall (you know downloading media creation tool and using the update this pc option) and after hours of doing its thing, I was able to log in and I didn't lose anything, so I was like, great now this should work. Well nope. The same problems, I updated everything on windows update and restarted several times but nothing. So I tried using a local account instead (like changing my account to a local one in settings > accounts /my info) and i restarted but nope, the same problems, so i sign in on the browser to my Microsoft acc. I deleted My PC from my acc (just in case) and i signed in to my account on settings > accounts > my info. And I restarted and nothing, still the same problems.

Now here's the really weird thing: I tried to make another account (local bc i don't have another Microsoft acc) and for my surprise: All these things work when I'm in another account. I tried to add my microsoft account to that one and all those things worked So the problem is inside my account settings files or whatever, but idek how to fix it or where are those settings stored, maybe registry? Idk. So I hope someone can tell me how to fix this bc i have a lot of information, settings, drivers, games, games progress etc. etc. in my account and i dont want just to delete everything. And no, I won't do another account for using UWP apps like this shouldn't be happening...

Only idea i have is to make a second account with my microsoft acc, and once i have it copy registry settings or settings files to the one i'm having problems with and kind of overwrite them so maybe it fixes it? But idk where are those things tbh bc Windows is a super closed environment so...

:)

EnekoTorres Gomez, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Several problems with user account in windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 11, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Several problems with user account in windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Several problems with user account in windows 10

1. Several problems with user account in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Several problems user

2. Account / User Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account / User Problem: So I just sign-out to create another user, but when I login, its different the files where gone everything, but I see my account on the C Drive on the user folder, there I found my files, etc. I'm confuse and panicking since exam are next week, I tried everything on Youtube...
  3. User Account Control Problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Problem with Windows 10: Dear AllI am using Power Manager Lite to manage my UPS box with my pc. I recently installed the program for the first time since using Windows 10.Every time the pc loads Windows, a User Account Control box appears with the query:-"Do you want to allow this app from an unknown...
  4. User Account Control Problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control Problem with Windows 10: Dear AllI am using Power Manager Lite to manage my UPS box with my pc. I recently installed the program for the first time since using Windows 10.Every time the pc loads Windows, a User Account Control box appears with the query:-"Do you want to allow this app from an unknown...
  5. User Account Control Problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Problem with windows user account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with windows user account: I have been using Windows 10 in my device for more than a year now. The my start bar search or task bar search is not working. I looked up in the task manager and found that searchApp.exe is disabled for some reason. I tried to end process so that it can start once I use...
  7. windows 10 users accounts problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 users accounts problem: In This PC / Users I have the following listed Defaullt.migrated. defaultuser1 mostly empty files G H Current User 3 - G H files Public mostly empty files ro corrupted User 3 G H files rom Current User 1 rom user files Administrator ros Current User 2 ros files rosb...
  8. User Account Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Problem: Dear Microsoft Incorporation, I am one of your Microsoft Windows customers. Recently, I have an issue regarding my user account in PC. While I changed the name of user account in administrative tools successfully, but I found in this pathway there is an incongruity:...
  9. User Account problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Account problem: The latest Windows 10 update has changed my user account name from "Kevin Keys" to "Kevin Keys.000". Now I can't connect to any of my cloud accounts (OneDrive, Box, Degoo, Dropbox) using the desktop apps. They all report internet connection errors. How can I fix this?...
  10. User account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account problems: I am having a great deal of difficulty with user accounts: 1. Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options goes absolutely nowhere. 2. Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage your credentials returns the following error. Error code: 0x80070425 Error message: The service cannot accept...