Windows 10: Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators?

Discus and support Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was away from my desktop for almost a month. Yesterday, I got back and did Windows Update and it gave me the Fall Creator's update. Today, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators?

I was away from my desktop for almost a month. Yesterday, I got back and did Windows Update and it gave me the Fall Creator's update. Today, when I opened Programs and Features in the Control Panel, I noticed a ton of things changed their installation dates to 12/2/2017 (e.g., 7zip, a lot of Steam/Origin/Uplay games, WD external hdd security program, Notepad++, etc.).

Also, today, while I was doing something, my keyboard and mouse froze up, I tried switching their USB ports but the green lights wouldn't light up. I forcibly restarted, and when Windows loaded I got a notification that my keyboards driver updated. (This thing happened to me once several months ago as well).

Does anyone of this make sense (at least the stuff in the first paragraph)?

:)

leftisthominid, Dec 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool

1. Fall 2013

2. 12-27-2017

3. 2-17-2017

4. Version 1607

OS Build 14393.1066

JimmyD012673, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Cortana & Texts

It came back for a while after the big fall 2017 creators update. Then once I got the Dec 12, 2017 update it went away again.

I got these updates installed on both of my computers and my Microsoft Lumia 640 on the same day. All running Win 10 and up to date. They should be able to talk to each other.

Very frustrating.

VirtualMatt, Dec 2, 2017
  4. johnpd Win User

Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators?

I have noticed the installation dates of various software being changed when major Windows 10 updates are installed. It makes no sense.

JohnD

johnpd, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators?

1. Several program installation changed to 12/2/2017 after Fall Creators? - Similar Threads - Several program installation

2. i need 2017 fall creators update link

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need 2017 fall creators update link: i need the the 2017 fall creators update iso file link. i cannot find it in my browser i am only able to find 2020 20 h2 link. but i am already using that , i want to change the previous version of windows because of unsupported drivers kindly send the file iso...
  3. Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Hi, how can I make sure programs that are open before shutting down my computer are not re-opened after re-boot? I want a clean system after reboot. kind regards...
  4. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  5. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  6. Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition: I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and warns me that "YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION"... It won't let me install anything...I...
  7. Application (.exe) icon changed after fall creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Application (.exe) icon changed after fall creator update: Hello i just updated my windows 10 to creators update. When i open my explorer, i looked up my .exe files icon (all .exe files include application that installed and installer itself) change into some kinda shield with red and white color. Can someone tell me whathappen and...
  8. Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!: After fall creators bug am doing clean install of win 10 pro on all pc's in the house, as wasn't able to recover/save/get out of endles BSOD/GSOD loop. Still working on dual xeon workstation here, using standard windows creation usb in uefi mode. Clean install on ssd (samsung...
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017: UPDATE 10/17: How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums The next update of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, will be available worldwide October 17. With the Fall Creators Update we are introducing some fun, new ways to get creative. As...