Windows 10: Several programs crash after updating windows 10

Discus and support Several programs crash after updating windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently update windows and since then several programs crash at launch. I get the same error described in this thread when I launch battle.net... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Henkdevries_1337, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Several programs crash after updating windows 10

Hi, I recently update windows and since then several programs crash at launch. I get the same error described in this thread when I launch battle.net for instance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/application-error-0xc0000142/9abb5fd8-ebec-4e33-87a0-7ccf86185b4e

If I start my windows image in vm-ware, I get a BSOD on my host and my computer restarts. I deleted the update and the problem is gone. The problem is that windows wants me to update and whenever I do that, it keeps crashing again. Can someone help me?

:)

Henkdevries_1337, Dec 17, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Several programs crash after updating windows 10

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Several programs crash after updating windows 10

1. Several programs crash after updating windows 10 - Similar Threads - Several programs crash

2. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Programs crashing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs crashing after update: Windows 10 32-bit On the night of 11 March Windows must have updated. the next morning when I logged on it did the usual slow "do not turn off - updating.... which it does after an upgrade. Since then several programs have crashed with a blue screen and message saying...
  5. Severe issues after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Severe issues after windows 10 update: Yesterday i finished a windows 10 update by restarting my laptop . Straight away i noticed issues, i couldnt restart my laptop without getting a blue screen and error note , i started loseing connection to the internet again which had been going on a few months , but had...
  6. programs crashing after latest windows update

programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  7. Updates to several programs blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updates to several programs blocked.: Several programs are in need of updates but Windows Defender blocks them, I just installed a program and Defender will not let it run or make changes to my machine,...
  8. after several updates to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after several updates to windows 10: Since doing several updates to windows 10, I have lost my photos, documents and app icons. My touch screen doesn't do anything when I touch the screen to move it. and then the background screen does not change anymore....
  9. Windows 10 Crashing - Several errors

Windows 10 Crashing - Several errors: Hello All, I have had this problem off and on now for some time. I do not understand why it comes and goes and every time I think I might have solved the problem but it comes back. I have gotten several BSoD messages including; system service exception, kmode exception not...
  10. Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several programs not installing/running on windows 10: Hello all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro back in January from windows 7 ultimate. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that several programs that I try to install are having issues. Below I have listed the programs that I have tried, along with the problems that I am...