Windows 10: Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

Discus and support Several programs not installing/running on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro back in January from windows 7 ultimate. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that several programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SenorChopz, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro back in January from windows 7 ultimate. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that several programs that I try to install are having issues. Below I have listed the programs that I have tried, along with the problems that I am experiencing with each of them.

Twitch: Program will install, but when running it will pop up on the taskbar and immediately disappear. Process is visible in task manager, but will go away when the program disappears from taskbar. Have tried reinstalling several times with different versions of the program with no luck.

Razer Synapse and Razer Surround: Similar to Twitch, these programs will open and appear to start running only to disappear completely.

RiftCat: Installer will download, but will not start up, even when run as administrator.

For each of these programs, I have tried running as administrator, and also tried using the microsoft install/uninstall troubleshooter to no avail. I have looked online for other individuals with the same problem, but have come across nothing.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide!

:)

SenorChopz, Mar 9, 2018

2. windows 10 will not run several programs

Your best bet is to contact the developer. It may not be compatible with win 10

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 9, 2018
  3. windows 10 will not run several programs

Dear Microsoft,

I have Windows 10 and I am trying to run an .exe file called "Stylewriter"

I keep getting error codes 2502 and 2503.

I have tried running the msiexec.unregister

but another error message says that file can't be found.

Is this a Windows 10 problem or can the people at Stylewriter fix this?

regards

David Dell

David & LydiaDell, Mar 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

Hi, have you checked these programs are compatible with Win 10? (See their site).

Have you tried troubleshooting compatibility and installing them in compatibility mode?
    (Rt click, Troubleshoot compatibility).

Remember you can also run them in compatibility mode.

Finally, please provide a URL per program is still having problems. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

1. Several programs not installing/running on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Several programs installing

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  4. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Installing new programs or running installers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installing new programs or running installers: Hello all, I seem to run into the same issue of my computer not letting me install new programs or even download programs i used google chrome. Whenever I did get the program to download on my computer, after opening the installer, it would say it failed. This is not a...
  6. Several programs crash after updating windows 10

Several programs crash after updating windows 10: Hi, I recently update windows and since then several programs crash at launch. I get the same error described in this thread when I launch battle.net for instance:...
  7. Windows 10 can't run installation programs

Windows 10 can't run installation programs: Whenever I try to run a program installer or setup executable, the process stops midway. I also can't restart the computer without a hard boot. Everything gets stuck. I have tried running everything as administrator, but no luck. When I tried to reset the computer, the...
  8. Major latency problems, computer running slowly on several programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major latency problems, computer running slowly on several programs.: As of a week ago, I have been having major performance issues on several different programs. I downloaded DCP Latency checker to see, and I’m getting spikes of 30,000 or higher when running certain programs. I’ve tried backdating my nvidia drivers to no avail, also...
  9. running programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    running programs in Windows 10: This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-programs-in-windows-10/d24d8770-9d30-43ea-8ba0-6b71038282ed
  10. installing and running 32 bit programs on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing and running 32 bit programs on windows 10: Can I install and run 32 bit programs with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-and-running-32-bit-programs-on-windows/48e8c563-aeb3-45c1-bc78-ff9000cdf912