Windows 10: Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).

Discus and support Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user). in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently made the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have some questions about the OS: The alphabetical start menu is a bit annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MindfulWalk7185, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).

Hello, I recently made the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have some questions about the OS:

1. The alphabetical start menu is a bit annoying. Can I turn off sorting it like that? Someone requested the same thing back in 2015 and I was wondering if this is still a permanent thing even now.
    2. The task manager is impressively detailed now, but there doesn't seem to be a way to delay startup programs so they don't all start up at once? I was using Startup Delayer on Windows 7, and it seems like I'll have to keep on using it.
    3. The Email Client: You can choose to display 'Unread' messages only, but I don't see an option to enable it by default every time I open the app. There's no way to do so?
    4. What's up with Windows 10 automatically assigning my username for my computer based on my Outlook email? And why is it so hard to change it compared to Windows 7? I had to actually reset Windows because I wanted to change it and ending up doing something wrong. This wasn't a fool-proof guide, unfortunately.
    5. Does Game Mode do anything significant in terms of better gaming performance? I would imagine any differences, if any, would be unnoticeable on mid to high-end PCs. But if I'm correct, there appears to be a noticeable difference between Directx12 and Directx11.
    6. Does Windows 10 really make programs like CCleaner redundant? It's what I've been hearing about recently.

:)

MindfulWalk7185, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Lowie Men Win User
    Cannot Login to New User Accounts in Windows 10

Hello,

There are few reasons why Windows 10 cannot load your new user account. For us to better understand the situation, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Does the error occurs on a specific user account or all new user accounts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Lowie Men, Nov 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user). capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).

1. Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user). - Similar Threads - Several Questions user

2. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.: Hey I have a question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard, I have an activated version of windows 10 on the pc I'm currently using but I want to switch it to a new motherboard, I have my Microsoft account linked and in the activation tab in my settings it says...
  3. Question about new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about new SSD: Hi, I'll get straight to the point. I've been using my HDD for a long time now and I tried to update my windows and it just wont update. Not through the updater integrated in windows, the update asistant or even using the image tool ISO or direct Upgrade. It just keeps on...
  4. Several questions about the computer area?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several questions about the computer area?: -How can I find out the admin password? -I don't know. Do not change it. The pc still has a user account without password -Can I use my leptop to do something with my sister's mobile phone, e.g. that it goes off or has no more Wlan? -Do you know how I write a batch file...
  5. New to Macrium - several how to questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New to Macrium - several how to questions: I have Macrium v v7.2.4744 installed and made one full system backup. It verified ok. Now there is a new build out to fix possible corruption. So i need to install the new build and update rescue media? If the image I already made still verifies, is it usable? I do full...
  6. New to Windows 10, question about partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New to Windows 10, question about partitions: I just bought a new Dell 2-in-1. Everything is good, but I'm setting up the computer the way I want it to be, not the way the manufacturer and Microsoft thinks everyone should do it. I'm willing to use a non-MS partition tool to do things if necessary. I see 3 partitions...
  7. a new question about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    a new question about win 10: The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and runs in the background and blinks when the HD is working. But the prog didn't come with an installer. I have a copy of the prog...
  8. Question about transfering old user profile to new.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about transfering old user profile to new.: Before I make a mess of things, I thought I had better ask. This all started because I like to use Internet Explorer. It simply would not load. I believe I tried every fix on the web. One of the suggestions was to create a new User Profile. I did that and now Internet...
  9. new to windows 10 question about maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    new to windows 10 question about maintenance: new to windows 10 and wondering how often one should run disk clean up and disk defragmenter to keep the computer in top condition as well as virus scans . 75420
  10. New here with question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    New here with question about windows 10: Hi. new here, and I have a question about windows 10. I am planning a new build in the next few weeks, can I download windows 10 for free and install it on the new build. I am now running windows 7 home premium. I do not have sp1 though. I have read the instructions for...