Windows 10: Several restarts after waking up

Discus and support Several restarts after waking up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I've been experiencing some problems with my laptop for about a week. In the beginning it just couldn't wake up from the sleep mode: the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KirillLirik, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Several restarts after waking up

Hello!I've been experiencing some problems with my laptop for about a week. In the beginning it just couldn't wake up from the sleep mode: the power button was shining meaning that computer doesn't sleep, the disk lamp was off meaning that computer isn't working on some issue I guess?.., but keyboard and mouse didn't work. The only option was to press the power button for a long time to force my computer to shut down and then turn it on the same way.After a few days of this the problem has changed - when I try to wake up my computer, it wakes up for a moment, then turns off, waits for ~ 1 se

:)

KirillLirik, Jul 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Fitz84 Win User
    Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

• No luck with the "trouble-shooter."
    • Issues are: on waking, date increases by 6 or so days and many apps/ windows freeze on opening. I tried it again today, and a blue screen came up with Command Prompt and other suggestions to fix. By the way, on restarting, the computer returns to
      normal.
    • On the issue of "recent system changes", it is a new computer I purchased a couple of months ago. It is running Windows 10 (64 bit), with MS Office (32 bit). I have uninstalled & reinstalled MS Office, over the internet.
    • Have not "encountered any error message"
    • Have not taken any "troubleshooting steps", except trouble-shooter.

Fitz84, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Several restarts after waking up

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Several restarts after waking up

1. Several restarts after waking up - Similar Threads - Several restarts waking

2. My laptop restarts after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after wake up: I have a problem that i found on the internet and on this site and i tried it but it doesn't helped me. When my laptop is in sleep mode and i press any button or the power button it starts lighting for maybe 1 second then stops and after a few seconds it starts again and it...
  3. My laptop restarts after wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restarts after wake up: I have a problem that i found on the internet and on this site and i tried it but it doesn't helped me. When my laptop is in sleep mode and i press any button or the power button it starts lighting for maybe 1 second then stops and after a few seconds it starts again and it...
  4. My laptop restarts after wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Several restarts after waking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several restarts after waking up: Hello!I've been experiencing some problems with my laptop for about a week. In the beginning it just couldn't wake up from the sleep mode: the power button was shining meaning that computer doesn't sleep, the disk lamp was off meaning that computer isn't working on some issue...
  6. Several restarts after waking up

Several restarts after waking up: Hello!I've been experiencing some problems with my laptop for about a week. In the beginning it just couldn't wake up from the sleep mode: the power button was shining meaning that computer doesn't sleep, the disk lamp was off meaning that computer isn't working on some issue...
  7. Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.

Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.: I am experiencing a weird problem recently that when i lock my laptop and close the lid and the instantly open the lid again the screen would not lit and all i can do is to do a hard reboot to fix the issue. And if i leave the laptop lock and close the lid and open it back in...
  8. Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep

Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep: Hi, my laptop keeps restarting after I put it in sleep mode, is there anything I could do to solve this? I have tried disabled fast boot and still no luck. i have updated bios to lat latest version.after I checked on event viewer, this what appears to be the causing and I...
  9. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  10. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....