Windows 10: Several things showing up halfway up the screen

Discus and support Several things showing up halfway up the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several things on my computer screen are showing up halfway up the screen or being cutoff. Please see below for examples: Below is an image of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MylesFullen, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Several things showing up halfway up the screen

Several things on my computer screen are showing up halfway up the screen or being cutoff. Please see below for examples:

Below is an image of the start menu. Notice how the search bar is above where it should be.

Several things showing up halfway up the screen [​IMG]

So then when I search for something, the entire menu is on the top half of the screen instead of the bottom.

Several things showing up halfway up the screen fedc1ac0-a973-4f42-a48e-30c9b49ca76e?upload=true.png

A seemingly related issue occurs when I open a word doc. Half of the page is cut off.

Several things showing up halfway up the screen 4be15b7c-9b99-43aa-b308-1d398df75d68?upload=true.png

Notification boxes on the right hand side of the screen are also halfway up the screen like the search bar from the start menu.

Thanks for your time!

:)

MylesFullen, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Several things showing up halfway up the screen

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Several things showing up halfway up the screen :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Several things showing up halfway up the screen

1. Several things showing up halfway up the screen - Similar Threads - Several things showing

2. Pointer not showing up on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pointer not showing up on screen: My pointer isn't showing up on my laptop screen. I'm not trying to use anything external, just the touchpad. I have tried updating the driver and it hasn't helped. I have Windows 10....
  3. Pointer not showing up on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pointer not showing up on screen: My pointer isn't showing up on my laptop screen. I'm not trying to use anything external, just the touchpad. I have tried updating the driver and it hasn't helped. I have Windows 10....
  4. Pointer not showing up on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Selection box showing up on certain things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selection box showing up on certain things: So a user named Weluca posted this same problem but didn't follow up so nothing happened. I'm having the same thing happen but can't find an answer on how to fix it. It's an outline that's outlining things like the play/pause button in Movies & TV and so I can't just see the...
  6. Selection box showing up on certain things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selection box showing up on certain things: So a user named Weluca posted this same problem but didn't follow up so nothing happened. I'm having the same thing happen but can't find an answer on how to fix it. It's an outline that's outlining things like the play/pause button in Movies & TV and so I can't just see the...
  7. whats up with this thing showing up every few weeks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats up with this thing showing up every few weeks: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Downtown_Resort8680 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qarfl4/whats_up_with_this_thing_showing_up_every_few/
  8. My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.: I don't know how else to describe my problem, here are some screenshots so you can have a better idea of what is happening, while this could probably be fixed with a restart, I just want to know why this is happening. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This next one is...
  9. My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen: I was typing something on discord and now there is this huge grey and bar and my taskbar is on half of my screen. i don;t know what to do or what keys i pressed. Someone help me please[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649