Windows 10: Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD.

Discus and support Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Situation: I sold a computer but kept my windows 10 boot ssd. I installed the ssd in a new computer. It booted normally but got stuck on getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gbheron19, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD.

Situation: I sold a computer but kept my windows 10 boot ssd.

I installed the ssd in a new computer. It booted normally but got stuck on getting devices ready. I unplugged USB devices, no luck.

Turned the computer off and back on again. Stuck at getting devices ready again, but at a higher percent completion.

Turned the computer off and back on again. Boots to windows! No peripherals working... unplug my universal receiver for wireless mouse/keyboard and plug it back in. Instant BSOD: driver power state failure.

Power on computer, boots to Windows normally, peripherals are all working normally (sorta) but lots of other things are strange.

Current Problems:

1)Device manager gets stuck instantly if I scan for hardware changes.

2) The computer won't restart - it goes to the blue screen that says restarting and just stays there forever doing nothing

3) The computer kinda won't shut down - Windows seems to shut down and the display turns off but the computer is decidedly still running.

4) Device manager is not detecting my GPU. The monitor is plugged into my GPU and everything is working normally, but driver installs fail and it isn't detected in device manager.

5) If I unplug any USB peripheral it won't be recognized if I plug it back in. No USB peripherals are detected if plugged in after boot.

6) Device manager hangs if I try to uninstall or disable any of the many many devices "installed" under USB hub controllers in device manager.

HALP PLS! I want to just do a clean windows install and hope that makes all the demons go away - but I am concerned about depending on a usb drive and my computer's demonstrated inability to restart normally.

submitted by /u/gbheron19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gbheron19, Nov 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ertugrul Win User

Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD.

[SOLVED] "AMD Data Change..." boot freeze problem on GA-MA785GT-UD3H after SSD installation

Thank you for your replies. As Mussels suggested, cloning was not a right decision. Yesterday I reset my BIOS by removing battery for 10 minutes, then loaded optimized defaults from BIOS, then installed Windows from scratch to my SSD drive. It worked. I still see that message during boot process, however it is not a problem.

ertugrul, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD.

1. Several Windows 10 problems after changing boot SSD. - Similar Threads - Several problems changing

2. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Severe boot problem.: My windows 10 desktop is freezing immediately after startup. The desktop loads and the clock display runs but no input is possible although the USB ports have power. A hard power off is necessary. It happens every time I try to boot including in safe mode. This means I have...
  3. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe boot problem.: My windows 10 desktop is freezing immediately after startup. The desktop loads and the clock display runs but no input is possible although the USB ports have power. A hard power off is necessary. It happens every time I try to boot including in safe mode. This means I have...
  4. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD boot problem: Hi! I bought SSD and i wanted to install win 10 for this. But when i installed the first part in setup my pc restarting but my SSD cant boot. My ssd settings: gpt and bios on UEFI only mod. And the UEFI doesnt see my SSD either. But if i chose Legacy and UEFI option just my...
  6. SSD boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD boot problem: Hi! I bought SSD and i wanted to install win 10 for this. But when i installed the first part in setup my pc restarting but my SSD cant boot. My ssd settings: gpt and bios on UEFI only mod. And the UEFI doesnt see my SSD either. But if i chose Legacy and UEFI option just my...
  7. SSD boot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Problems booting Windows 10 on an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems booting Windows 10 on an SSD: Recently I bought a 1tb SSD to finally get rid of my 8 year old HDD which had all of my files on it. I did a fresh install of Windows onto my SSD using a USB with Installation Media on it. Windows on the SSD worked perfectly, until I removed my HDD from my PC. When I...
  9. Booting problems on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting problems on SSD: Hi everyone! I have been using my PC with an SSD as my primary drive for about half a year now. I used a cloning software to clone my old HDD onto the SSD, and it worked perfectly, until now. Today my pc bluescreened while playing Overwatch, don't know if thats relevant and...
  10. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd: Hello I recently installed a new ssd on my lenovo idead pad 510 laptop The laptop became faster however several issues appeared in 2 weeks since i installed new windows in ssd First problem is my keyboard the problem started with 4 keys not workin to several keys to now...