Windows 10: Several windows applications not working.

Discus and support Several windows applications not working. in Cortana to solve the problem; I've had this problem for about a day and a half now, and it happened out of nowhere: 1: The start key and start button don't do anything 2: I can't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Zalamander16, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Several windows applications not working.

I've had this problem for about a day and a half now, and it happened out of nowhere:

1: The start key and start button don't do anything

2: I can't search anything with cortana

3: Anything I try to use to open settings does nothing

4: Most windows related programs and applications don't open

5: When I change the volume the number doesn't appear I can still see it if I hover over the volume on the taskbar

When I try to do most of the things listed there is no error message or pop-up, it just does nothing. The exception is when I try running some windows apps such as a video converter, where it says "class not registered"

Almost all applications that aren't windows related work fine. Steam, discord, google, and more all function without issue. I can also open task manager and powershell.

Due to not being able to access settings cortana or the start menu my options for fixing the issue have been severely limited. I've already tried restarting windows explorer, turning off my computer, checking for corrupted files both with powershell and index scan, uninstalling the anti-virus, and clean-booting. Nothing has worked. Is there anything I can do without resorting to drastic measures?

:)

Zalamander16, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Several windows applications not working.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Several windows applications not working.

1. Several windows applications not working. - Similar Threads - Several applications working

2. Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.: Several of my applications have been closing within a few seconds of opening as a result of a WinRAR installation, including Notepad, photos, davinci resolve and other extraction applications such as 7zip.During the Installation of WinRAR, it said something about modify Hkeys...
  3. My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors: I Lama Guy trying to create a game I created a kind of virus: the game is created with JavaScript I will leave it below a image with the problems[ATTACH] [Original Title: Virus Alert]...
  4. Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.: When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error; magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server When I try to do the solution I found on your community boards, I get the same error for clicking on Device driver etc. I can not longer manage my own computer...
  5. Weird Font in several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font in several applications: Hi guys: When I updated to the previous insider version, the font of several applications became weird like monospaced, and it looks horrible. For example, the new Belize Theme for SAP 760, or the buttons like "Save" or "Cancel" in Office 365, or the Internet Options I...
  6. How can I stop several instances of several applications

How can I stop several instances of several applications: Hi I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome, RuntimeBroker.exe has 10 instances and others. 1 Are all these necessary at the same time 2 how do I stop them Thanks...
  7. Several hotkeys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several hotkeys are not working: My microphone, camera, and airplane mode hot keys do not work. (f4,f7,f8). The f# part works fine, it's the hotkey part that does not work. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers, but to no avail. Factory resetting does not work either. The microphone and camera...
  8. One font is invisible to several applications

One font is invisible to several applications: I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office. However it is not accessible in either Affinity Photo or Inkscape. How can I make the font visible to all my applications?...
  9. Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several Applications have stopped working, possibly after an update (Windows 10): Hi, I suddenly find several applications no longer working. It looks like this started right after an update that occurred in the middle of the night on 14 August 2019. I have tried quite a few suggestions and recommendations but nothing has made a difference so far....
  10. Windows Applications not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Applications not Working: Code: 0x80131500 I've been seeing random codes like this anytime I try to use a Microsoft application such as the store, OneNote, or even the support application. I've tried resetting my computer, but the error codes remain. I would appreciate a response as soon as...