Windows 10: Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver

Discus and support Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm posting this discovery to the Microsoft forums for posterity and hopefully to prevent further headaches caused by such a severe driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MeanJoGreen1798, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver

I'm posting this discovery to the Microsoft forums for posterity and hopefully to prevent further headaches caused by such a severe driver incompatibility, and I hope the mods and or staff will keep this or pass it on to engineers/devs.

I own a Toshiba PW55 - C5200 laptop, which is an i5 5200U series that originally launched with Windows 8, so it is several years old. Recently I installed an SSD into the system which prompted this issue while installing Windows and updating drivers.

Either due to extreme driver incompatibilities with Windows or its subsidiary/general placeholder drivers, the Toshiba System Driver offered on Toshiba's support website causes a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE exception, and a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION exception and possibly others I had the luxury of avoiding.

The specific driver and Windows version are as follows:

Windows 10 version 1809, 64-bit

Toshiba System Driver
    Posted Date: 2018-06-21 Version: 1.01.0002 Size: 18.63M
    ^ copy pasted from Toshiba support website

This driver causes immediate crashes from the Windows login screen after roughly 30 seconds, sometimes up to a minute. The system begins to stutter, completely freezes and crashes with the above BSOD exceptions.

After subsequent removal of this driver all problems were resolved and I was able to update my laptop to the current version of Windows with all other current chipset and hardware drivers. It is unclear at this time if the system driver is the clear culprit. No other drivers were removed or installed to diagnose the issue. This specific driver was the only driver uninstalled which seems to have resolved the issue.

If anyone is interested and this is posted I could update this post with relevant memory dumps and/or further system specifications. The ultimate goal is for this to populate in Google searches and be readily available if other users encounter this issue and hopefully resolve it.

Thank you for your time

:)

MeanJoGreen1798, Oct 28, 2020

2. Driver issues with Conexant sound (Toshiba L755)

I have a Toshiba L755-1J5 laptop.

The sound cuts off after playing for several seconds or minutes. I'm not alone in having this problem, several people on various Toshiba forums have also had this or similar issues.

Not Available

Support – Business PCs - dynabook

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Audio-...utting-out-for-no-apparent-reason/td-p/332616

To resolve the issue temporarily, I have to disable and re-enable the driver in the Device Manager. It's become tiresome.

Toshiba do not offer Windows 10 drivers for this model.

I have tried the following three drivers:

And have performed a System 'reset' which took several hours, but the issue remained.

Hardware IDs:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_1179FC50&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_1179FC50

Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Lou_the_blue, Oct 28, 2020
  3. boweasel Win User
    Toshiba Satellite L755-S5153 Windows 10 Drivers

Laptop originally had Windows 7 Home, but was upgraded to 10 a couple years ago. In the past several months I've been plagued with System Interrupts every 10 or so minutes, during which the laptop is unusable. The General Support forum members have suggested a driver issue. Going into Device Manager and right clicking each driver always results in me being told that the best driver is already installed.

Going to Toshiba's driver page and entering my serial number prompts me to select an OS. Windows 10 is not listed as an option.

Would love to know which driver is causing the issue. and how to resolve it.

boweasel, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver

Intel HD Graphics driver issue on Toshiba Laptop

Hi Greg,

We appreciate the details that you have provided and the effort you put through to try to fix the issue. It's possible that what's causing this error is driver incompatibility.

Since reinstalling the drivers didn't resolve the issue, what we suggest is that you run the hardware troubleshooter. The
    Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

We also suggest that you check your laptop manufacturer's website for their latest driver version.

Update us with the result, so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver

1. Severe Incompatibility issues with Toshiba System driver - Similar Threads - Severe Incompatibility issues

2. Incompatible Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible Driver Issues: I can't turn on memory integrity because of driver incompatibilities. So, what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-driver-issues/1fad5355-cbc2-4f06-a3bf-2ca1d8d0c5c4
  3. Incompatible Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible Driver Issues: I can't turn on memory integrity because of driver incompatibilities. So, what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-driver-issues/1fad5355-cbc2-4f06-a3bf-2ca1d8d0c5c4
  4. Incompatible drivers

Incompatible drivers: There are no updates that I can find anyway - so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/f22933be-1b0d-4e02-b5e9-b643c5d72e09
  5. Memory Integrity - Incompatible Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity - Incompatible Driver Issues: Hello,I am having trouble turning on my memory integrity because of incompatible drivers. How can I get rid of these or update them so that I turn on my memory integrity?Thanks...
  6. Memory Integrity - Incompatible Driver Issues

Memory Integrity - Incompatible Driver Issues: Hello,I am having trouble turning on my memory integrity because of incompatible drivers. How can I get rid of these or update them so that I turn on my memory integrity?Thanks...
  7. incompatible drivers

incompatible drivers: I cant find the updates of these drivers from online searches , what can i do to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/5a25f101-59c9-4fe8-8174-07df454c944e
  8. Severe Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Severe Audio Driver Issue: From last few weeks I'm observing that in my laptop the audio driver auto changes from Realtek to High definition audio device and vice a versa. It mostly occur when I restart my device and sometimes when pausing the video, it automatically transform to other driver. The main...
  9. Severe Issues with the Battery Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Severe Issues with the Battery Driver: I have been for around 3 years reporting this terrible bug and no results. There is a bug and I'm not only the one facing it. The PC "detects" a critical battery level and just shuts down or hibernates. You could even have even 99% of the battery charged and still goes to...
  10. -SEVERE- driver/mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    -SEVERE- driver/mouse issues: i saw in feedback hub lots of people are having touchpad issues, such as the option to disable touchpad when another mouse is plugged in is no longer an option nor is disabling the drive. i cant play games cause i have 2 mouses fighting. i cant even uninstall the driver,BS. i...