Windows 10: Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, 10.0.18362.418, I have had a severed lag in my Chrome bookmarks. The first click selection will respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopherJackson9, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update

Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, 10.0.18362.418, I have had a severed lag in my Chrome bookmarks. The first click selection will respond normally but anything after will take over a minute to respond. The rest of the browser seems OK, with some minor lagging. Before the upgrade, it worked fine. Any ideas of what to look for? Extensions are disabled and I have only a single antivirus running.

:)

ChristopherJackson9, Oct 14, 2019

2. bookmarks in google chrome missing

After latest windows 10 update I lost all of my google chrome bookmarks. Any suggestions?

Moved fromSevere Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update :(Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

JGrantly52, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Latest Windows 10 Update - Lost Bookmarks in Chrome please advise how to restore

Hello,

Following the a windows 10 update my bookmarks have all disappeared from my Chrome. I have tried googling the answer and tried locating the two bookmarks and bookmarks.bak files and renaming them then deleting them and keeping only the newly named bak file
    as suggested by some online users. This has not worked. I have also tried to restore the system to a few days before the update in order to at least access them but this has not worked either because there is no earlier date showing when I go to access the
    system restore option. Even my saved word documents disappeared (but after running a search for one word document name I managed to find them).

Any suggestions please? I can locate the bookmarks and bookmarks.bak files and can open and read the contents in notepad. Is there a way to maybe convert the bak file into an html file then import them into Chrome that way? Any suggestions on how I can restore
    my bookmarks into Chrome?

Thank you in advance.

use.r

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Confused11123, Oct 14, 2019
  4. creeve4 Win User

Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update

Chrome Bookmark Folders are screwed up

I am experiencing the same thing. It only happens for bookmark folders that contain 1 or 2 bookmarks.

I started a thread in the Chrome support forum.

Windows 7 64-bit
    Chrome Version 32.0.1700.102 m

creeve4, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update

1. Severe Lag in Chrome Bookmarks since latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Severe Lag Chrome

2. Chrome bookmark bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome bookmark bar: Anyone any idea why these two icons that look like a globe in the bookmark bar in Google chrome appear like this? [img] 172882
  3. Bookmarks Bar In Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks Bar In Chrome: Hello! Is there a way to add an additional 'Bookmarks Bar' under the normal one in Chrome? Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a mooch. If I see a thread asking about something I can help with, I'm there. 162310
  4. Lag in latest Chrome update.

in Browsers and Email
    Lag in latest Chrome update.: Is anyone experiencing intermittent lag when typing in the Chrome browser following latest updates? 159531
  5. All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.: As it says in the title, they are all lost, it looks like my laptop has been reset so it looks as though I have never used either browser, as I get the welcome pages to both browsers. I have also lost all my shortcuts from the desktop and task bar I have tried to restore to...
  6. chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019: Since the Aug 2019 update chrome lags and when looking at some website or just the bookmarks it freezes and I get a message that says chrome is not responding then it goes back to working and lagging is there a fix or can I get rid of the update to go back to chrome working...
  7. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  8. Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  9. Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10: Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks. 16716
  10. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...