Windows 10: Severe Performance loss while gaming

Discus and support Severe Performance loss while gaming in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Here's the problem. I'm running windows 10 build no. 14352. I know it is expired now and my PC restarts every few hours. The thing is like this, im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by niranjan23d, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Severe Performance loss while gaming

Here's the problem. I'm running windows 10 build no. 14352. I know it is expired now and my PC restarts every few hours.
    The thing is like this, im experiencing poor performance in gaming.
    My laptop has 8gb ram, i5-5200u, nvdia gt-940m.

the date was 13 July. I was gaming normally, decent fps with ac black flag @ 1280*720 about 30-40 fps medium-high settings and about 30fps @custom ultra (1366*768) in rainbow six siege
    two weeks ago i started receiving messages that this build of windows 10 will expire on 15 July The internet connection was a no-go so i couldn't download the latest build which now is 14390.

on 14th or so, when i was playing, there was a bad performance. 20 something fps in ac black flag even at 800*600 and unplayable fps in rainbow six siege.

Now (as of 17th July), even the "big picture" mode of steam operates poorly, although windows animations and transitions are smooth. The Nvidia GPU monitor shows that the game is using the GPU but the game runs as if the integrated GPU is used. Any game for that matter.

Is this like windows 10 crapping on me just because it is now expired or what?

I tried disabling Intel GPU, no avail... performance poorer than before.

What is the solution? will updating to latest build of windows will solve the issue?
    Is this a graphics card issue? But it doesn't seem so because its so sudden and also after 14 July.

:)

niranjan23d, Jul 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 micro stuttering in games.

Hi,

There are several factors why your system is experiencing input lags while playing games, it may be due to corrupted data or your system needs to be updated. Here is a

link
    on how to troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Jul 16, 2016
  3. takumi86 Win User
    takumi86, Jul 16, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Severe Performance loss while gaming

You'd probably be better off doing clean install and all the drivers. Drivers are usually most to blame for poor performance. You can also try with update and see if that fixes some things, expired windows start deteriorating with time and there were many updates that do address some problems from earlier versions.
    You may be best off waiting until August 2nd when newest full version is supposed to be released.

CountMike, Jul 16, 2016
  5. So i should be downloading the latest ISO of windows 10 right? I will do that. But seriously... its as though my GPU is not being used at all. AC black flag is now at some 10-12 fps. I guess it is still using Intel HD 5500 even though the Nvidia GPU monitor lists AC black flag in the programs that are using the GPU.

Before this, like up until 3-4 days ago, my games were running very smoothly, no complaints at all.

niranjan23d, Jul 16, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check settings for your primary GPU driver or even turn off IGPU in BIOS if you can.

CountMike, Jul 16, 2016
  7. There is no such option in my BIOS settings. I tried disabling the Intel GPU from device manager, but no avail. The CPU is used as the graphic controller and the brightness changing option is lost.

niranjan23d, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Severe Performance loss while gaming

1. Severe Performance loss while gaming - Similar Threads - Severe Performance loss

2. Performance issues while browsing or Playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance issues while browsing or Playing game: so while I'm just casually watching some vids on youtube or playing some games, my laptop Asus TUF Fx505DT, WIN 11 when the fan starts to get noisy the device becomes so laggy and the pingwhile in online game increases up to 1000msmy first diagnosis was my laptop exhaust...
  3. Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2: I've just wasted several days trying to figure out why my potato laptop has been suffering significant gaming performance drops. Where previously I was getting around 55-60fps I was now only getting 30-45fps in Forza Horizon 5.I wasn't able to unwind the Windows 10 22H2...
  4. Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2: I've just wasted several days trying to figure out why my potato laptop has been suffering significant gaming performance drops. Where previously I was getting around 55-60fps I was now only getting 30-45fps in Forza Horizon 5.I wasn't able to unwind the Windows 10 22H2...
  5. Suffering Severe Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suffering Severe Performance Issues: Hi there, first time posting so bear with me. I've noticed a drastic drop in my laptop performance levels of lately since I've been paying more attention to aspects like memory use and CPU usage. I believe the main culprits are bdservicehost.exe and glasswireCtlServ....
  6. Several BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe

Several BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe: Hi! In the last few days I have suffered for several BSOD while playing Genshin Impact. Until then I was playing without any problem in ultra settings, other recent games in ultra seem don't seem to produce a blue screen. I used BlueScreenView to try to find the root of the...
  7. PC Performance Loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Performance Loss: Hello, I've been in a hard time for the last week or so, my PC went from running a respectable 60+ fps in probably every game and even some on 150+ fps on one day, to running no higher than 20 fps the other day. The PC was a lot slower in general and things took longer to...
  8. Several bsod while gaming

Several bsod while gaming: Hi, i just brought a new gaming laptop. It's performing fine until i installed a new M.2 SSD from samsung (evo 970) of 1 TB. The laptop start to show two BSOD while i game (overwatch). Also i should mention that i undervolted my cpu with -1.50mv. I wasn't a probleem for a...
  9. Severe Performance Problem in OpenGL games since 14393.105 Cumulative

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Performance Problem in OpenGL games since 14393.105 Cumulative: Hi All Severe Performance Problems in OpenGL based games, since Cumulative Update 14393.105, still present in 14393.187, How do we get Micorsofts attention to fix this issue, I've sent tweets to folks, did the Feedback form, still exists lol Severe performance issues...
  10. Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet

Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet: For the past month my PC, out of nowhere and with no warnings, started getting daily bluescreens. At times it was 1 bluescreen a week for 2 weeks, then suddenly I was being bombarded with bluescreens every day, reaching the count of at least a dozen a day. Most frequent ones...