Windows 10: Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app

Discus and support Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i couldn't find any solution so far, hope this works: Any time i'm using an app, any other app gets reduced performance. For example if i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frag971, Aug 26, 2019.

1. frag971 Win User

Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app

Hello, i couldn't find any solution so far, hope this works:

Any time i'm using an app, any other app gets reduced performance. For example if i'm playing a game and watching a movie the movie will have very bad performance, choppy playback and unresponsive UI. If i focus the movie window it goes back to normal but now the game goes down to 10fps.

And before you ask i already did the following:

- GPU and Windows power setting to "Max Performance"

- FPS limitations are disabled

- GPU acceleration is enabled or disabled, the effect remains.

This happens regardless of what apps or games i'm running - i am effectively unable to run a game and watch a youtube video at the same time. Some games actually stop working and kick me out due to low performance (anti-hacking detection kicks it).

I got a 16-core CPU and 16GB of RAM, it should be able to handle a game, a 4K video and a 30-tab browser just fine. This started happening a while ago but i can definitely remember this not being a problem until one of the Windows updates.

:)

frag971, Aug 26, 2019
  2. wkl12mr Win User

Nokia Suite Ovi Store Dramatic Reduction of Apps?

I decided to launch Nokia Suite 3.8.48 to look at the app selection. I noticed a reduction of apps from Ovi Store from within the PC. CellPhone Soft's SwissManager Pro is listed on the web but not from within Nokia Suite.

Windows Phone Games and Apps - Opera Mobile Store

What has happened to the Ovi Store apps? Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 is still listed inside Nokia Suite when I checked but not 3rd party apps? SCam Free is listed but not the SCam paid version.

I was viewing the software without connecting the phone which was previously acceptable.

wkl12mr, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app

I am still frozen out of several apps and the store thus unable to download any more apps.

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Which all steps did you try to resolve this issue?
    • What exactly did you re-install when you say "I have tried to re-install several times with the same result"?
    • Which all apps are you facing issues with?
    • Did the same issue occur with different user account as well?

For now try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Windows App Troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app

1. Severe performance reduction on any unfocused app - Similar Threads - Severe performance reduction

2. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes mouse unfocuses: Sometimes when i try to go on a app or click something it wont click i find myself having to press right click then it refocuses on the home screen then i am able to click...
  3. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes mouse unfocuses: Sometimes when i try to go on a app or click something it wont click i find myself having to press right click then it refocuses on the home screen then i am able to click...
  4. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reduction is service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduction is service: Windows 11’s losing track of time and not displaying seconds more than a quarter of a century after people began depending on Windows 95 to set their clocks seems like a weird dream....
  6. laptop automatic frequency reduction,is there any method?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop automatic frequency reduction,is there any method?: Mr. Wang, Assuming you are talking about the CPU, what CPU are you using? Core2 duo L9300? PassMark - Intel Core2 Duo L9300 @ 1.60GHz - Price performance comparison Have you changed the CPU speed in BIOS? Have you run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID? 179186
  7. laptop automatic frequency reduction,is there any method?

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop automatic frequency reduction,is there any method?: Mr. Wang, Assuming you are talking about the CPU, what CPU are you using? Core2 duo L9300? PassMark - Intel Core2 Duo L9300 @ 1.60GHz - Price performance comparison Have you changed the CPU speed in BIOS? Have you run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID? 179186
  8. Suffering Severe Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suffering Severe Performance Issues: Hi there, first time posting so bear with me. I've noticed a drastic drop in my laptop performance levels of lately since I've been paying more attention to aspects like memory use and CPU usage. I believe the main culprits are bdservicehost.exe and glasswireCtlServ....
  9. Screen reduction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen reduction: I am unable to reduce windows screen on my Surface Book 3. I am able to exit and minimize though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-reduction/d5000022-8e75-4a78-8f00-915b5554a5bd
  10. Severe Performance loss while gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Severe Performance loss while gaming: Here's the problem. I'm running windows 10 build no. 14352. I know it is expired now and my PC restarts every few hours. The thing is like this, im experiencing poor performance in gaming. My laptop has 8gb ram, i5-5200u, nvdia gt-940m. the date was 13 July. I was gaming...