Windows 10: SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????

Discus and support SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus????? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I've done a lot of searching and I can't find a clear answer for if Windows 10 Home Edition comes with Microsoft Defender Antivirus. I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NiceAndShy, Jun 10, 2021.

1. SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????

Hi all, I've done a lot of searching and I can't find a clear answer for if Windows 10 Home Edition comes with Microsoft Defender Antivirus. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my 2 PC's and I don't have experience with Windows 10 Home Edition... Microsoft distinctly says that Microsoft Defender Antivirus comes with Windows 10 Pro, but it doesn't mention it for Windows 10 Home Edition: Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...ashopwindows10 Thank you.

:)

NiceAndShy, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User

I need to istall Window 10 anti virus and marvate

Windows 10 comes with in-built Anti-Virus program Windows Defender.

It depends on your own preferences if you would want to use another Anti-Virus program.

Suggest reading all of:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

especially:

Smeed, Jun 10, 2021
  3. SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????

Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????

1. SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus????? - Similar Threads - SEVERE PROBLEM Home

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with the Anti-Virus Scanner: Split from this thread.I Receantly Upgraded/Updated my Laptop from Windows 10 -to- Windows 11 because the system kept notifing me of Compatabillitie so I did, I had many various Issues the first 5/7 days with it, First - NO BACKGROUND/Desktop-Taskbar, No Desktop Icons, ~...
  4. Defender Anti-Virus problem

Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  5. SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????

in Windows 10 Support
    SEVERE PROBLEM: Windows 10 Home Edition Doesn't Have Anti-Virus?????: Hi all, I've done a lot of searching and I can't find a clear answer for if Windows 10 Home Edition comes with Microsoft Defender Antivirus. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my 2 PC's and I don't have experience with Windows 10 Home Edition... Microsoft distinctly says that...
  6. windows 10 Anti- virus

windows 10 Anti- virus: I am trying to install and run the Windows 10 Anti Virus /Malware module but I can't figure out how to get it on my computer and turn it on. Can someone give me some direction on this issue.? I am not a programmer so coding instructions fail me....
  7. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  8. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  9. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04
  10. Unable to edit windows defender anti virus

Unable to edit windows defender anti virus: So my windows defender saids its on but when i go check it it saids its off and when i want to turn it on it wont let me,its just like blanked out or blocked like its greyed out and i cant even turn it on and when i goto check for updates it saids error and it saids we'll do...