Windows 10: Severe Sign in Problems

Discus and support Severe Sign in Problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why in the world is my Windows computer not allowing me to sign in with a 4 digit pin anymore. I have to sign in using my Microsoft Windows Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BlogShag, Mar 3, 2020.

1. BlogShag Win User

Severe Sign in Problems

Why in the world is my Windows computer not allowing me to sign in with a 4 digit pin anymore. I have to sign in using my Microsoft Windows Outlook account number, and even then it usually doesn't let me sign in because I am not online. Well In order to get to the log in portal page to get online I have to open the browser and have access to my computer. I can't even get access to my computer without a bunch of hoops and hurdles. This is so frustrating and ridiculous. I am about ready to return this piece of ---- to the store. I'm so mad.

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO USE THE SIGN IN WINDOW ANY MORE.

:)

BlogShag, Mar 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Severe Sign in Problems

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Severe Sign in Problems

1. Severe Sign in Problems - Similar Threads - Severe Sign Problems

2. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Severe boot problem.: My windows 10 desktop is freezing immediately after startup. The desktop loads and the clock display runs but no input is possible although the USB ports have power. A hard power off is necessary. It happens every time I try to boot including in safe mode. This means I have...
  3. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe boot problem.: My windows 10 desktop is freezing immediately after startup. The desktop loads and the clock display runs but no input is possible although the USB ports have power. A hard power off is necessary. It happens every time I try to boot including in safe mode. This means I have...
  4. Severe boot problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Several problems with PC Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several problems with PC Win10: Hello, I have Windows10 installed on a 2014 PC and there are some issues that worry me:First of all, "Speccy" is showing me that the motherboard ,not the CPU, is overheat. CPU is fineSecond, I get blue screens of death with the following errors , the most common 2 being:...
  6. Several problems with PC Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several problems with PC Win10: Hello, I have Windows10 installed on a 2014 PC and there are some issues that worry me:First of all, "Speccy" is showing me that the motherboard ,not the CPU, is overheat. CPU is fineSecond, I get blue screens of death with the following errors , the most common 2 being:...
  7. PROXY SEVER PROBLEM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PROXY SEVER PROBLEM: I am having a problem on my proxy server setting, manual proxy setting is always turning on with the following settings http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. (in the address box). it makes me unable to browse with my PC....
  8. Several problem with homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several problem with homegroup: Hi, I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just create the homegroup. 1. What was Strange: If I was creating the homegroup on Computer B then Computer A was seeing the offer...
  9. frustrated with several problems

in Windows 10 Support
    frustrated with several problems: I bought a new laptop (acer aspire) with win10 that I plan to use mostly for internet stuff since my tablet will no longer play you tube videos. I have a big work computer with Win 7 which I like just the way it is. Updates are turned off so it will not automatically update...
  10. Several problems after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Several problems after update: Hello after updating microsoft windows today (27/09) KB3176937, KB3176935 and security update KB3193494 I noticed a couple of issues. - When trying to open programs (or programs that open upon start up) they wouldn't open at all and if they they did it would end up not...