Windows 10: Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds

Discus and support Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have the latest Dev build for Windows 11, which I regret due to the bugs, unfortunately reverting or changing channels isn't an option for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Folkyhere, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Folkyhere Win User

Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds

Hello,I have the latest Dev build for Windows 11, which I regret due to the bugs, unfortunately reverting or changing channels isn't an option for me since a lot of time has passed and I don't really have anything to back my data onto. Now, the issue, I'm wondering if we can somehow fix it for ourselves, I have enabled VSync and all, yet in games, the screen tear is horrible and just splits my screen into 2 at some point. Any suggestions?

:)

Folkyhere, Dec 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Screen Tearing

I have a brand new Alienware laptop (6th gen core i7, 16gb ram, SSD) with all the latest updates, drivers, etc. running an NVidia 970M, WIndows 10, everything is perfectly up to date and I am getting screen tearing just watching YouTube videos. VLC plays
    fine, and video games work fine, just YouTube videos that are tearing very badly. Once again, before it is blindly suggested that I update my drivers - as of today, they are ALL up to date. I have ALL windows updates and I have Nvidia Geforce Experience installed
    with the latest video drivers AS OF TODAY. To me this is more of a bug report than a request for resolution because it looks like this problem is simply not fixed.

MatthewDell, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Screen tear -> BSOD

Hello,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 28, 2021
  4. BirdmanC4 Win User

Windows 10 Screen Tearing

I do have the latest flash java and silverlight versions. My CPU is AMD FX 6300 3.50GHz. I use google chrome. And I think the issue is fixed. I reinstalled windows 8.1 Home version and updated again to windows 10 Home version and the issue is fixed. I
    don't get screen tearing any more and my games run sweet. I noticed the new build 1511 10586.104. I guess this build solved everything. Thank you.

BirdmanC4, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds - Similar Threads - Severe Screen tear

2. Windows 11 dev build 25115

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dev build 25115: When windows first came out it was blazing fast but when i joined the insider program for windows 11 i downloaded the latest verson my computer became very slow, loading this page in edge took like 2 min. idk if this is a issue with the new windows dev update or just my pc....
  3. Windows 11 dev build 25115

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dev build 25115: When windows first came out it was blazing fast but when i joined the insider program for windows 11 i downloaded the latest verson my computer became very slow, loading this page in edge took like 2 min. idk if this is a issue with the new windows dev update or just my pc....
  4. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  5. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  6. Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build: So since the most recent insider update I am seeing lots of crashes in Windows Explorer. Here are a bunch of Event log errors.Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22557.1, time stamp: 0x668837baFaulting module name: Taskbar.dll, version: 10.0.22557.1, time...
  7. Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on latest Windows 11 Dev build: So since the most recent insider update I am seeing lots of crashes in Windows Explorer. Here are a bunch of Event log errors.Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22557.1, time stamp: 0x668837baFaulting module name: Taskbar.dll, version: 10.0.22557.1, time...
  8. Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Windows 11 Screen tear on latest Dev builds: Hello,I have the latest Dev build for Windows 11, which I regret due to the bugs, unfortunately reverting or changing channels isn't an option for me since a lot of time has passed and I don't really have anything to back my data onto. Now, the issue, I'm wondering if we can...
  9. Laptop doesn't want to update to latest Windows 11 Dev channel build.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't want to update to latest Windows 11 Dev channel build.: Hey there, Speed here.Just my laptop it's on the yellow column of requirements isn't updating. Error code: 0x80070003. SoftwareDistribution fix has been tried LOTS of times, didn't work. Spupdsvc.exe trick doesn't work, leaves me an error 'Could not find file'....
  10. Latest build Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Latest build Edge Dev: We’ve updated you to the latest build. This is Microsoft Edge Dev Build 75.0.131.0 Welcome back! 131153