Windows 10: SFC always returns errors on all computers

Discus and support SFC always returns errors on all computers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just joined new company & when ever I run SFC /scannow on all machines I get the same errors that states the following: windows resource... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GloryNeverEnds, Nov 11, 2019.

1. SFC always returns errors on all computers

Hi,

I just joined new company & when ever I run SFC /scannow on all machines I get the same errors that states the following:

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, details are in the CBS.log windir.

I suspected the anti-virus and other security Apps installed, so i uninstalled them all, yet I get the same error.

I'd share the log.file, but I can't find attachment button here.

thanks

:)

GloryNeverEnds, Nov 11, 2019
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    sfc /scannow

Hi Muhammad

Since sfc returned errors that could not be fixed, the next step is to run this command to see if that can repair those errors, then run sfc again . . .

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

DaveM121, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SFC always returns errors on all computers

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

SFC always returns errors on all computers

1. SFC always returns errors on all computers - Similar Threads - SFC always returns

2. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  3. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  4. Sfc /scannow always returns "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sfc /scannow always returns "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and...: Hello all. I am experiencing an issue when running sfc /scannow. I keep getting the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them." However, when I restart my computer and run the command again, I get the same message again. I am...
  5. computer always fail sfc check

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer always fail sfc check: I notice over the years, my computer often fails sfc /verifyonly and would require me to do /scannow or the DISM options. Is this a sign that my hard drive is failing? I did a SMART test and it seems to be normal. This happens on any Windows 10 version number. 161095
  6. sfc/scannow returns error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc/scannow returns error: Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:2ee5d65c2b2c70e4ad5b3a5fc497f8714f83ea0ce589e5ef3d7bf777ef3736a3}. Actual: {l:32 b:05033d64e96050953e94f1dc88a7af154eed541354eb84b4b5c026efb2cbd4a4}. 2020-06-20 14:07:12, Info CSI 0000002b [SR] Cannot repair member file...
  7. SFC returning multiple errors after new clean install

SFC returning multiple errors after new clean install: Version is 1909, build 18363.535. I did a clean install upgrade from Windows 7 on a desktop PC I built myself around 2012. Boot drive is a Samsung 500Gb SSD. There are other mechanical HDs on the system including 2 external HDs. SFC has been returning multiple errors. I run...
  8. SFC returns error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?

SFC returns error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?: I run SFC as a matter of course after any major change to my system. Since I just received the 1903 update I went ahead and ran SFC as usual. I should mentionthat my system seems to be running perfectly and there is no indications of anything being wrong. This time when I...
  9. dism always returns an error when changing system packages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism always returns an error when changing system packages: I am trying to repair a system in order to get updates working. I am working with a copy of the vhdx, so I am free to experiment..... dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth says all is fine. Summary: Operation: Detect only Operation result: 0x0 Last Successful Step:...
  10. sfc and dism ..... old issue returns

sfc and dism ..... old issue returns: Device : Surface Pro1 OS : Win 10 Pro version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 Old issue resurrected.......... Ran Sfc /scannow......reports corrupt files found but unable to repair. Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ,,,,,,reports restore operation completed...