Windows 10: sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

Discus and support sfc and chkdsk commands won't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some issues with my Windows 10 installation so I decided to run the sfc command. It did not work. So according to some on line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BostjanVi, Nov 3, 2019.

1. BostjanVi Win User

sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

Hello,

I'm having some issues with my Windows 10 installation so I decided to run the sfc command. It did not work. So according to some on line advice (www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/sfc-scannow-not working.html) , I ran the chkdsk command. That command discovered errors and proceeded to fix them. When I next tried sfc, it again refused to work. I then ran chkdsk again, and to my surprise, it went through the exact sequence of fixes as before (needless to say, sfc again did not work). Can someone offer some advice, please?

Regards,

BostjanVi

:)

BostjanVi, Nov 3, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Nov 3, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 3, 2019
  4. sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

What is the command to perform an SFC scan on my external T drive?

Hi Denise

You need to change the drive to T in the command prompt.

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type: cd t:\

Hit Enter

Normally, you don't need to run sfc on a external drive, you can run check disk though.

At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r /f

Hit Enter

When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

Andre for Directly, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

1. sfc and chkdsk commands won't work - Similar Threads - sfc chkdsk commands

2. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  3. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  4. sfc command not working

sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  5. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  7. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  8. CHKDSK, DISIM and sfc/scanow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK, DISIM and sfc/scanow not working: I am having problems with my programs installations. So I decided to run CHKDSK but every time it is stuck at 10%. Then I ran sfc/scannow . It displayed that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them . Then I tried running DISM...
  9. Chkdsk command not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk command not working correctly.: After a scan it says that I have errors on my disk and it needs to be repaired. It says I have to restart to repair. Once I restart, it says click any button to stop repair. I don’t press anything, and the computer starts up again without repairing. If I scan again, it says I...
  10. Chkdsk and sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk and sfc /scannow: For the most part I use 'chkdsk' in Windows 10 and 7 thinking that this helps prevent problems with my HDD and the Windows file system. Recently after a black screen and Windows error message on another Windows 10 computer I tried 'sfc /scannow' but it looks like 'sfc...