Windows 10: SFC cannot repair some files

Discus and support SFC cannot repair some files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Feb 19, 2020.

1. debgram Win User

SFC cannot repair some files

My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909

Attached is the CBS file, thanks

:)

debgram, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    SFC reports corrupt files that cannot be repaired

Hi Jay,

For to better assist you with the SFC reports issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Please provide us a CBS logs for us to determine what is the file that cannot be repaired.
    To get the logs, please follow the steps below:

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfclogs.txt”, then hit
      Enter. (This will create a sfclogs.txt file on your desktop).
    • Open the sfclogs.txt and check the result of SFC scan.
    Note: SFC cannot always fix corrupted files.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

SFC cannot repair corrupt files

Hi,

When you’ve run the System File Check tool, it seems like it fails to repair the corrupted files due to a possible software conflict. To help us isolate this concern, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. This troubleshooting technique can help to identify if there are application that may cause the issue. Click
    here for the steps.

Once you’re in the clean boot state, try checking your computer if you’ll observe any unusual behavior while you navigate the system.

Note: After the troubleshooting, refer to this section: “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” on the same support
    article
    to boot the computer in normal setup once the issue has been resolved.

After you’ve booted in the normal mode, we suggest running again the
    SFC
    tool and also use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. These tools are commonly used to repair errors or any corrupted files. Click this
    Forum
    Article
    by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) for the instructions.

Let us know the outcome after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. SFC cannot repair some files - Similar Threads - SFC cannot repair

2. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  4. SFC scan can't repair some files

SFC scan can't repair some files: Hey all.So I've used sfc /scannow and it completed the scan but it can't repair some of the files. I found in the logs that the corrupted file is "autochk.exe". I have checked this link to help, but I don't have a uncorrupted file to replace it. Is there any way to get a file...
  5. SFC scan can't repair some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan can't repair some files: Hey all.So I've used sfc /scannow and it completed the scan but it can't repair some of the files. I found in the logs that the corrupted file is "autochk.exe". I have checked this link to help, but I don't have a uncorrupted file to replace it. Is there any way to get a file...
  6. sfc scannow found some corrupt files but cannot repair them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc scannow found some corrupt files but cannot repair them: I do an sfc scan everyweek just to be on the safer side, but when I ran it this week, it showed some corrupted files which couldn't be repaired, also I couldn't understand the CBS log file, pls help me. For info, I have: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-Bit Build...
  7. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them: I've been trying to fix this for a few days now. I've tried the DISM command that that failed as well. I have not been able to interpret the CBS file well enough to single out the exact file(s) that are corrupted. I've tried making sure my network driver is up to date and it....
  9. Can't repair some files sfc scannow

Can't repair some files sfc scannow: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 today and after setting up everything, tweaking etc. I decided to re-overclock my GPU except I forgot what I used to have my core clock at so I accidentally pushed it a bit further than it could handle. Needless to say it crashed during...
  10. SFC cannot repair all files?

SFC cannot repair all files?: I upgraded a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC to Win 10. I then ran SFC /scannow from both a boot prompt and an elevated command prompt. Three files cannot be repaired. Opencl.dll winhlp32.exe.mui Winhlp32.exe I believe I read that the opencl.dll error is normal. I assume the...