Windows 10: sfc fails dism source fails

Discus and support sfc fails dism source fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 1803 Workgroup Tried all 3 and failed Have downloaded 1803 iso and mounted and shows as F:\ i see F:\sources\boot.wim have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DennisJ Krohn, Mar 3, 2021.

1. sfc fails dism source fails

Windows 10 1803 Workgroup

Tried all 3 and failed

Have downloaded 1803 iso and mounted and shows as F:\

i see F:\sources\boot.wim

have tried to run

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\Sources\boot.wim:1 /LimitAccess

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t

o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

:)

DennisJ Krohn, Mar 3, 2021

2. windows update fails, DISM fails SFC fails

Initially windows update failed to update. I ran SFC and it failed saying some files were corrupted and the CBS log had a message that it was unable to update fhengine.dll. I had done a clean reinstall a few days ago.

CSI 0000024a [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\\fhengine.dll; source file in store is also corrupted

DISM online gave the below. Any help ? Clean virus scan. Thanks

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18363.836

[===========================89.7%==================== ]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

CheckOutWindows, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 3, 2021
  4. dsmith888 Win User

sfc fails dism source fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding dism must be functional to upgrade the OS.

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /?

dsmith888, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

sfc fails dism source fails

1. sfc fails dism source fails - Similar Threads - sfc fails dism

2. 0x800700c1 followd by an SFC scan fail followd by missing DISM source files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x800700c1 followd by an SFC scan fail followd by missing DISM source files: So is got 3 updates on pending:I got 0x800700c1 error code on all, so I did the recommended troubleshooting processes none of the worked. Including, I did the SFC /scannow method. I got a message, that it cannot start the rapir service. I did the troubleshooting for that too,...
  3. 0x800700c1 followd by an SFC scan fail followd by missing DISM source files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x800700c1 followd by an SFC scan fail followd by missing DISM source files: So is got 3 updates on pending:I got 0x800700c1 error code on all, so I did the recommended troubleshooting processes none of the worked. Including, I did the SFC /scannow method. I got a message, that it cannot start the rapir service. I did the troubleshooting for that too,...
  4. 0x800700c1 followd by an SFC scan fail followd by missing DISM source files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK: I seem to have files that cannot be fixed no matter what I try. Things I've tried: - sfc /scannow many times, each time stopping at 17% and saying the following: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth....
  6. Windows Update fail / Repair install fail / SFC + DISM fail

Windows Update fail / Repair install fail / SFC + DISM fail: Hey there - really grateful for this forum's answers over the years but only now becoming a member to submit a puzzle of my own. Thanks for being here! This is a few-day-old new HP Envy x360 with 21H1 19043.1052 which I was getting set up, when it stopped being able to get...
  7. windows update fails, DISM fails SFC fails

windows update fails, DISM fails SFC fails: Initially windows update failed to update. I ran SFC and it failed saying some files were corrupted and the CBS log had a message that it was unable to update fhengine.dll. DISM online gave the below. Any help ? Clean virus scan. Thanks C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe...
  8. DISM offline fix failing - no source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM offline fix failing - no source: A client dropped off a machine to be repaired. It was loaded with Windows 10 home, and the initial build was 1809 (I am unsure if the user has done any of the feature upgrades). The machine will not boot into normal mode or into safe mode. I can get it to troubleshooting and...
  9. sfc and dism fail

sfc and dism fail: I had to restart my PC today using the power button after I ran into an issue with the USB controller stopped working resulting in no keyboard nor mouse. I managed to RDP into the PC from my mobile phone and thought I was able to restart my PC successfully. But the screen...
  10. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...