Windows 10: SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

Discus and support SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After running many sfc tests, I always get the same result. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Made-a-Fool, Sep 3, 2019.

1. SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

After running many sfc tests, I always get the same result. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Same thing with Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, at about 90.1% I always end up with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature." I thought it was because I had a faulty stick of ram, but I removed said stick, leaving 8gb left to spare, but I'm still getting these errors.

Thanks for any sort of help. I have no clue how to pin-point the source of these issues.

:)

Made-a-Fool, Sep 3, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Sep 3, 2019
  3. windows 10 professional post installation corruption not fixed by sfc scannow or dism restorehealth

Greg,

The troubleshooting for problems with corruption found by sfc /scannow and dism/ online /cleanup-image /restorehealth were related to the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. The source for the windows 10 pro upgrade was the Microsoft web site.

It impacted some upgrades but not all upgrades. It is unclear why it impacts some and not all.

The source for the windows 10 pro dvd was hp for licensed HP or Compaq PC.

The problems with sfc / scannow and dism restorehealth corruption have been fixed.

sfc /scannow now displays: windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations

dism restorehealth now displays: the restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

These were problems with the windows 10 pro operating system downloaded from the Microsoft web site and/or installed from the dvd.

When dism restorehealth finds corruption that it does not fix I don't understand how to guide it and find the source files that it is missing. In case there is corruption in the future please list the steps to use the windows 10 pro dvd to supply the dism
    restorehealth command with the sources to fix the corruption.

questions_, Sep 3, 2019
  4. 90Ninety Win User

SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files

Ok

After cleaning Malware , the SFC is finding corrupt files , since this I have took the following steps

Update to windows 10 using Windows 10 ISO , within windows 10 operating system while keeping apps and documents
    SFC / scannow ( many many times )
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess ( many times )

Even after the common solutions above the SFC is still finding corrupt files

See cbs in link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...HhYOTRiT3pxVzQ

Hats off to he who solves it !

90Ninety, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

1. SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SFC finds corrupt

2. DISM can't find source.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM can't find source.: So i've been having some pretty severe issues with Windows recently.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezing-and-crashing-randomly-updated/c2e680bc-e756-4bba-99b4-b69bc2f063dbIt's SEVERLY hindered my ability to do pretty much anything on it.But...
  3. Why can't DISM find the Source files when run?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't DISM find the Source files when run?: After running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, twice I keep getting: Error: 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. The previous time I had this problem, I eventually spoke to a Windows Support person and they suggested doing a in-place install or...
  4. dism restorehealth cannot find source files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dism restorehealth cannot find source files: Hello I have a laptop which has some problems with corruption. After sfc /scannow I did run dism../RestoreHealth and it returned the above error. I do not have the initial install disk and the version is 1803 /17134.950 so my question is if I can use the image(obviously way...
  5. DISM Can't Find Sources

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Can't Find Sources: I've been trying to fix a laptop that got corrupted after an antivirus was running during a windows update. It booted but couldn't get past the login screen. Tried several things to at least get logged on but started focusing more on repairing the corruption off of a repair...
  6. windows 10 keeps corrupting. sfc scannow find the corrupt files but can't fix them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 keeps corrupting. sfc scannow find the corrupt files but can't fix them.: My windows 10 keeps getting corrupted and sfc is not able to repair the corrupted files. Usually I can fix the situation by using the media creation tool to reinstall over the corrupted windows. I've tried twice now and it fails very late in the file install process. Any...
  7. DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....

DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....: Hi all - I just upgraded from Win 8.1. I'm having some problems and wanted to run the command: Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] However the repair doesn't work, due to getting the error: The source files could not be...
  8. SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix: I ran sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt, however when it completes I receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  9. SFC can't fix corrupted files

SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...
  10. Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F: I was trying to fix a problem with my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 which caused updates to fail. I went and looked at Microsoft support and tried using sfc and dism. Sfc /scannow found corrupt file but couldn't fix them. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc finds error that dism cannot fix