Windows 10: SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted...

Discus and support SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the line in CBS.log file that shows corrupted file: 2020-05-18 21:08:20, Info CSI 000002da [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prince Norris, May 18, 2020.

1. SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted...

This is the line in CBS.log file that shows corrupted file:

2020-05-18 21:08:20, Info CSI 000002da [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\\dfrgui.lnk; source file in store is also corrupted

My question is how to repair this?

From my observations it is some graphical file for Defragmentation tool? And what does the 'source file in store is also corrupted' mean? It is corrupted on Microsoft servers?

The DISM repair attempts end in failure both online and offline as well as using ISO file.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:)

Prince Norris, May 18, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

SFC Corrupt Files

For the information
    • The 'RemindersUI.dll' file for the search function is missing.
    • The 'MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png' file is corrupt for microsoft edge.

Code:
    Code:
    Could not reproject corrupted file "RemindersUI.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 18, 2020
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted...

Many unrepairable corrupted Defender files found by sfc /scannow

Anyone else noticed a lot of Defender files being corrupted after doing an sfc /scannow prompt? Here are just some of the corrupted lines found in the CBS log file:

- [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpComputerStatus.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpThreat.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpThreatCatalog.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpThreatDetection.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpPreference.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpScan.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpWDOScan.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpSignature.cdxml; source file in store is also corrupted
    - [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\Defender.psd1; source file in store is also corrupted

Beneath each line it says that the hashes for the concerning file member doesn't match.

I have Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64
    Anyone else noticed these corruptions after an sfc /scannow prompt?

JohnnyGui, May 18, 2020
Thema:

SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted...

1. SFC found corrupt file 'dfrgui.lnk' and failed to reproject it because it is also corrupted... - Similar Threads - SFC found corrupt

2. sfclogs - Could not reproject corrupted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfclogs - Could not reproject corrupted file: Could not reproject corrupted file [l:69 ml:70]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools"\[l:20]"Windows Defender.lnk"; source file in store is also corrupted. How do i repair that?...
  3. SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...: Hi, I have performed sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system files as the system is taking much time to boot and the disk read time is getting higher and often encounters STOP ERROR memory management error. and came to know that, "Windows Resource Protection...
  4. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  5. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  6. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....
  7. SFC failed to repair corrupted file

SFC failed to repair corrupted file: Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and...
  8. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Found corrupt files (SFC scan): Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log: http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o 36138
  9. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...
  10. SFC Corrupt Files

SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dfrgui.lnk