Windows 10: SFC returs error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?

Discus and support SFC returs error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I run SFC as a matter of course after any major change to my system. Since I just received the 1903 update I went ahead and ran SFC as usual. I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xwray, Jun 29, 2019.

1. xwray Win User

SFC returs error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?

I run SFC as a matter of course after any major change to my system. Since I just received the 1903 update I went ahead and ran SFC as usual. I should mentionthat my system seems to be running perfectly and there is no indications of anything being wrong.

This time when I ran SFC I received the error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the Repair Service". Googling the error message coughed up lots of fixes for this problem, none of which worked for me and I think I tried them all.

So, I decided to run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and that gave me "The component store cannot be repaired. The operation completed successfully."

So, I've again come to the most reliable source problem fixing info that I know of...can anyone shed any light on why this is happening and what it actually means?

I'm not suggesting the 1903 update broke something because it's been a while since I ran SFC and whatever happened could have been months ago but it does seem coincidental. that it appeared just after the update.

As usual I would be grateful for any help...this one is above my pay grade...

:)

xwray, Jun 29, 2019

2. SFC Error

Hello,

Recently my PC has rebooted randomly, and then it couldn't find boot device, so I reseated my SATA and power cables going to the HDD. It seemed fine, but SFC found corrupt files. I can't fix this error.

Tried:
    • sfc /scannow
    Result: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Result: The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Result: The source files could not be found.
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source
    ​Result: Error: 0x800f081f
    I also attached a DISM log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peterson311, Jun 29, 2019
  3. DAC324 Win User
    Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

There is one additional step you will have to perform in order to be successful: Move the file Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0.mum
    out of that folder so DISM cannot find it.
    After that, no more errors.

Kind regards,

DAC324, Jun 29, 2019
  4. DavidB Win User

sfc /scannow Unable to Repair Corrupt Component Store

Since updating my laptop with the Windows 10 November update, a component of my Component Store seems to have gone corrupt that neither using the media utility to reinstall the update nor running sfc /scannow is able to resolve. Whenever I execute the sfc /scannow command, I get the following error:

I do not know how to read the log file, and it is extremely large (~100,000 lines since I've run it so much), so I do not want to put the entire thing on Pastebin. If someone knows what to look for or what I should pull from the log to post, I can do so.

DavidB, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. SFC returs error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ? - Similar Threads - SFC returs error

2. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  3. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  4. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The component store is repairable

The component store is repairable: Hello, my computer has been going slow and crashing since the last update, and I've tried various methods to fix it repairing with media creation tool/windows 10 update assistant, troubleshoot, sfc /scannow, dism ,chkdsk but none seem to work. ScanHealth and CheckHealth...
  6. SFC returns error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC returns error message "The component store cannot be repaired" ?: I run SFC as a matter of course after any major change to my system. Since I just received the 1903 update I went ahead and ran SFC as usual. I should mentionthat my system seems to be running perfectly and there is no indications of anything being wrong. This time when I...
  7. The component store is repairable?

The component store is repairable?: Hello I had ran DSIM ScanHealth, CheckHealth and CHKDSK and while no errors such as a corruption were noted I did see this result "The Component Store is Repairable" I don't know what this means is it a error? A corruption? Does RestoreHealth need to be ran? I've been...
  8. Cannot disable Windows Defender components to repair ownership error

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable Windows Defender components to repair ownership error: This problem showed up about two months ago, after a Microsoft update. Windows Defender began generating a stream of event error ID:16 - Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON. Each error message is stamped with the same Date & Time which...
  9. BSOD and repair component store

BSOD and repair component store: Lately in Win 10 x64 ver1703 RS2 I have got a BSOD, 1. Bad Pool Header 2. Unexpected Store Exception 3. Reference by Pointer Bad Pool Header -- happened when I was just transfering a file to a USB and lately doing nothing. Unexpected Store Exception -- happened...
  10. sfc/scannow cannot repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...