Windows 10: SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!

Discus and support SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a question regarding SFC and DISM. After a whole lot of frustration, I finally have 1803. I checked both SFC and DISM following that. SFC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TexasBandit, Aug 28, 2018.

1. SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!

I have a question regarding SFC and DISM. After a whole lot of frustration, I finally have 1803. I checked both SFC and DISM following that. SFC /Scannow ran with an error. I ran it again, and the error was resolved. Then for curiosity, I ran DISM. Low and behold, it had a problem. What gives? I have attached a screen shot of the situation. I just do not understand why one is just fine, and the other has problems. I tried to correct DISM, but the source could not be found (as usual). I don't understand why the source isn't found because the image and my "real" system should be identical at this point. They have the exact same version number!

SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues! [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Aug 28, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Aug 28, 2018
  3. SFC and DISM issues

Hi,

I ran SFC several times (as recommended in a port) and it still says:

".... found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log...

I looked into the CBS.log. It's five mile long and I can't make any sense of it.

Try as suggested, tried DISM with the following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Got the: "The source files could not be found....." message.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jon

Jon Anderson 1, Aug 28, 2018
  4. RejZoR Win User

SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!

1. SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues! - Similar Threads - SFC Says DISM

2. DISM and SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM and SFC: Greetings, I am asking for some guidance regarding the above Windows features. I ask, knowing that perhaps there is no concrete answer to my question. Let me set it up. I was trying to unfreeze a friend's machine. It was his second machine and hadn't been used in months. He...
  3. sfc/DISM on all drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/DISM on all drives: I generally run sfc and DISM on my laptop once a month. Recently I changed laptops and the new one has 2 drives. Do sfc and DISM scan/repair both drives by default or do I have to add something to make them scan all drives? Same for chkdsk submitted by /u/Lector213 [link]...
  4. Technical Issues after trying DISM and SFC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical Issues after trying DISM and SFC.: Hello! Apologies as I am not super tech savvy and was following the directions. My sons computer has run into some issues while operating where things like Microsoft edge being unable to open, search menu closing the moment he attempts to type something, file explorer...
  5. SFC and DISM not working at all

SFC and DISM not working at all: 2016-04-18 Hi, glad to be again intouch with you. My laptop is one HPEnvy 17t-jooo – CTO Quad Edition, the previous OS was Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit andI upgraded it to 10 Pro 64bit the same day after receiving the Microsoftinvitation. On January 2016, I performed a clean...
  6. sfc and dism ..... old issue returns

sfc and dism ..... old issue returns: Device : Surface Pro1 OS : Win 10 Pro version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 Old issue resurrected.......... Ran Sfc /scannow......reports corrupt files found but unable to repair. Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ,,,,,,reports restore operation completed...
  7. Multiple Issues (SFC /SCAN, DISM, NOT WORKING)

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Issues (SFC /SCAN, DISM, NOT WORKING): Hello all, I recently upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. All was well in the beginning but now things have gone haywire. I want revert back to 8.1 pro but I dont want to lose my apps. I have critical settings in my apps... I do pro recording.... SFC Scan finds...
  8. DISM and SFC

DISM and SFC: I posted in the Win 8 forum but saw I should have posted here. I read the corrective material in Win 8 as to how to fix this missing or corrupted files issue but either it is over my level or it is too difficult for me. I have run both programs and rebooted. i have run in...
  9. Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?

Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?: Really weird. Ran SFC Scannow. Says I have some corrupt files. So I went ahead and did the DISM/Restorehealth and it said it completed successfully. But when I run SFC again getting same error. Wouldn't a DISM/Restorehealth fix any issues with SFC/Scannow? 51039
  10. Sfc/dism

Sfc/dism: SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained. After again creating an ISO file, the second...