Windows 10: SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted?

Discus and support SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Bit of back story. About a month ago, I got an error message on launching Ubisoft regarding Anti-Cheat I believe, looking into the error I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrederickBurton1, May 4, 2020.

1. SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted?

Hello,

Bit of back story. About a month ago, I got an error message on launching Ubisoft regarding Anti-Cheat I believe, looking into the error I got, multiple other people had it ias well, one of the possible causes of which was a virus infection. Running Norton, Malware and Norton Power eraser did not find an infection and recently I ran ESET as well to the same results, so I'm fairly confident it isn't that. The solution was running a sfc scan and dism scan when it couldn't fix certain files. Which resolved the problem neatly. I believe the issue stemmed from image file corruption. Out of curiosity this morning I went to check the SFC scan logs, under Windows --> Logs --> CBS. I found that there are only two recent scan logs in there and CBSpersist doc from a little while ago. I wanted to ask, does windows automatically delete scan logs, or would something like CCleaner, or telling Norton to remove all temporary files also remove the SFC scan and repair results? It seems odd but I don't know why else they wouldn't be there.

Thanking you in advance.

:)

FrederickBurton1, May 4, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 4, 2020
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

1. After the sfc scan, restart

2. Run the restorehealth scan and restart after the scan is finished

3. Run the sfc scan again and it will say: no integrated violations found

Does those steps fix the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them?

PaulPChou, May 4, 2020
  4. SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted?

E 72 Call logs getting deleted automatically

i have the same dilemma , my cp i

s n-e72 my log was set 30 days ... Then without knowing for unknown reason, call list being deleted automatically in a day and log list seems to fail... The only girl whom i love the most , cant believed that its being deleted automatically.. god knows how
    much love and care i do have for her...

nellakram87, May 4, 2020
Thema:

SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted?

1. SFC Scan Logs - automatically deleted? - Similar Threads - SFC Scan Logs

2. SFC Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC Scan: Hello there, i am tech savvy to a point but im not sure whats going on here, i think my computer reset while i was buying some bitcoin now the monero program I use wont work, i cant get cmd to to work at all. I did an sfc /scannow and these are the results i got back...
  3. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  4. CBS log from SFC scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CBS log from SFC scan: after running sfc /scannow errors were found & this is where the results were found . I have no idea how to read this. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgbcKmbFBuM-QNwW_0Q?e=scbcIP...
  5. Sfc scan log file results

Sfc scan log file results: I've noticed some issues with my PC recently and decided to do a sfc/scannow. It said corrupt files were found but unable to be fixed and pointed out the logs location but i have no idea how to see whats actually wrong within the log, so if anyone could help me that would be...
  6. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  7. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  8. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  9. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  10. sfc scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan: Did a scan found a lot of corrupt files also did the clean up files repair health DISM also no luck should I reset the computer to factory settings nothing I do repairs the corrupt files ? Thank You TIMMY 2018-08-15 07:49:42, Info CBS TI: ---...