Windows 10: SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

Discus and support SFC scan result - need online or offline repair? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I finished an "SFC /scannow" scan and got the following message. My question is if the corrupt files have been repaired, why does the message mention... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yky378, Jul 26, 2021.

1. yky378 Win User

SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

I finished an "SFC /scannow" scan and got the following message. My question is if the corrupt files have been repaired, why does the message mention online and offline repairs? Are there corrupted files not yet repaired? Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

:)

yky378, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Offline scan results?

Just performed a Windows Defender Offline scan and the system rebooted afterwards. How can I check the results since the scan did not indicate any results from the offline scan?

win10freak, Jul 26, 2021
  4. SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

I'll give this thread a little bump and explain what I have tried so far to no avail. After hours of extensive reading about how WDO and now Microsoft Defender Offline scans are not working for some since as far back as 2017 for Windows Defender Offline, I had removed all remnants of Malwarebytes from my registry in an attempt to see if any of those entries were conflicting with the Microsoft Defender Offline Scan.

No dice!

The second thing I tried was a Restore Health function with the DISM command and it reported a successful operation and still the Offline scan won't initiate. Yes, I rebooted after the DISM Restore Health Command.

No Dice gain!

Some articles suggested a repair install; but honestly at this point, if sfc /scannow isn't flagging anything and my OS is completely operational with no Event Viewer Errors and no Reliability History issues of any kind (especially Critical Events) I really can't justify using a repair install that probably will not fix it either.

I mean I literally have no indication that any corruption exists anywhere throughout the OS; yet something that worked before the Cumulative Update is now broken and not a peep of it has been mentioned in any documentation that I came across lately that it is a known issue with the November 11th Cumulative Update for systems on 20H2.

Sure I could restore a full backup image I have to prove that Microsoft Defender Offline Scan worked prior to the update; but who would really be interested in that proof?

I don't understand why this feature was broke on some systems since 2017 and mine remained immune until just now.

So I would really like to hear suggestions if anyone knows how to get this feature working again on this latest Version and Build listed under my Avatar.

Thanks to any and all who have knowledge about how to fix this or if they heard a rumor that this is another feature that is being done away with and I just haven't heard yet.

EyeInTheSky, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

1. SFC scan result - need online or offline repair? - Similar Threads - SFC scan result

2. Do I need "Online Repairs" after "SFC /scannow"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need "Online Repairs" after "SFC /scannow"?: Hello community, I tried to enable Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox. But after applying changes in Windows Features, I clicked reboot, but I got a BSOD. Now in Reliability Monitor See Screenshot I can see the following error : Windows was unable to determine the problem. Error...
  3. Do I need "Online Repairs" after "SFC /scannow"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need "Online Repairs" after "SFC /scannow"?: Hello community, I tried to enable Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox. But after applying changes in Windows Features, I clicked reboot, but I got a BSOD. Now in Reliability Monitor See Screenshot I can see the following error : Windows was unable to determine the problem. Error...
  4. sfc scan result translation into human language

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc scan result translation into human language: [ATTACH] I have problem with windows defender real-time. What am I supposed to do with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan-result-translation-into-human-language/876c6813-8d4c-4d07-8244-c82cff3346a6
  5. Debugging in VS Code result in a SFC scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Debugging in VS Code result in a SFC scan: Screenshot here: https://ftp.bmp.ovh/imgs/2020/10/b137815d2adc9747.png Didn't do anything except pressing F5 and then it automatically start a SFC Scan...
  6. no scan results for defender offline scan

no scan results for defender offline scan: After performing an offline scan, after rebooting I cannot find the results for the scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-scan-results-for-defender-offline-scan/cf4765f0-7e06-4d9d-a736-39f1b8e4c695
  7. How to preform sfc offline scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to preform sfc offline scan: Hi i recently did an sfc scannow and got some components could not be fixed so tried sfc offline scan and got no errors. Could i have done the offline scan wrong? I have hp laptop windows 10, only 2 hard drives windows c and recovery D. What is the correct sfc offline scan...
  8. Sfc scan log file results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sfc scan log file results: I've noticed some issues with my PC recently and decided to do a sfc/scannow. It said corrupt files were found but unable to be fixed and pointed out the logs location but i have no idea how to see whats actually wrong within the log, so if anyone could help me that would be...
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Just did a Windows Defender Offline Scan and wondering what the results are? All it showed during the scan was how many files are being scanned and the percentage completed. That is all. Even if no threats were detected, at least it should notify that no threats were...
  10. Windows Defender Offline scan results?

Windows Defender Offline scan results?: Just performed a Windows Defender Offline scan and the system rebooted afterwards. How can I check the results since the scan did not indicate any results from the offline scan? 129683