Windows 10: SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it?

Discus and support SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Swapnil Daji Patil, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it?

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

.... this massage is appeared after completion of SFC verification . how to replace the corrupted files?

:)

Swapnil Daji Patil, Sep 29, 2018
  2. donk15 Win User

sfc/scan now found corrupt files but unable to replace them

"sfc/scannow found corrupt files but unable to replace them". I am running on Windows 10 and having multiple issues but when I run that scan in admin it won't repair the problem. What are the steps to do so?

donk15, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Error: "There are corrupt files that can't be fixed" after running SFC scan to access Start menu and apps on Taskbar

Hello Charles,

As you are facing issues with accessing Start menu and apps on Taskbar after upgrading to Windows 10 we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would like to inform that if you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix
    some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

If the issue still persist,

Step 2: I suggest you to run DISM or System Update Readiness tool and check.

The DISM or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2018
  4. PaulPChou Win User

SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it?

SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

I want clarification about the SFC scan. When it states: no integrated violations found, that means I do not have to worry about anything, right? My device is issue free? I did the sfc scan this week and it has replaced corrupted files. I contacted the Answer
    Desk and ask how to have it say: no integrated violations found, an agent gave me the troubleshooting steps below.

1. After the sfc scan, restart

2. Run the restorehealth scan and restart after the scan is finished

3. Run the sfc scan again and it will say: no integrated violations found

I went to 1709 last year via the in-place upgrade but went back to 1703 because
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. 1703 didn't have that issue at that time. My question is: Will the three steps fix
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them? I mean will it say: no integrated violations found by performing the three steps?
    I found on support site to manually replace them, which I do not know how to do.

I am going to clean install my device to 1709.

PaulPChou, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it?

1. SFC scanning is not fixing the corrupted files & how to replace it? - Similar Threads - SFC scanning fixing

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  5. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  6. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sfc scan says that there are corrupt files but cannot be fixed, but chkdsk finds no corrupt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sfc scan says that there are corrupt files but cannot be fixed, but chkdsk finds no corrupt...: I’ve been having issues with my pc not connecting to many websites, as well as sometimes a “reboot and select proper reboot device” screen pops up and I have to power off my pc and turn it back on. I don’t know how to repair these corrupt files but I believe they are causing...
  8. Fixing corrupt file after SFC scan couldnt fix them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing corrupt file after SFC scan couldnt fix them: Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-PPIProjection.AppxMain.Resources, version 10.0.19041b:31bf3856ad364e35}, manifest is damaged trueanguagePack, version 10.0.19041.1, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'he-IL', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, manifest is damaged...
  9. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Found corrupt files (SFC scan): Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log: http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o 36138
  10. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...